Anyone know anything about Catalina Island

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 SDSteph

• 812 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 07:20 PM

I am thinking about catalina island for my wedding destination. any ideas? Anyone out there every been to a wedding or planing one? Thanks xoxo
    Steph and Kel Mayan Riveria - February 2011http://www.stephnkelwedding.com

#2 Yari

• VIP Member
    • 10,928 posts

Posted 04 July 2009 - 01:15 PM

I heart Catalina, it's beautiful. I'm sure if you google Catalina weddings you will get lots of great results.

#3 purrfected

• 396 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 12:12 AM

I have never been to a wedding on Catalina, but I have been there often. It is beautiful and they have a couple of really cute places to stay. I know the Wrigley (as in gum) mansion is on the island and has been turned into a hotel I believe... Good luck with the planning!

#4 *kellis*

• 330 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 02:51 AM

A friend of mine got engaged on Catalina Island and the pictures she had were incredible. It is very beautiful. Not sure about hotels out there but I bet you could find something and I heard the beaches are great.
          (Formerly "Future Mrs. Kt Ellis")

I love being a wife!

#5 purrfected

• 396 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 03:10 AM

I had to search to find this thread again!! In the new edition of the Destination wedding guide that is included with the Bridal Guide there is an article on Catalina Weddings. The Wrigley Mansion is now called the Inn on Mt. Ada. They also mention the Hotel Metropole as another possible wedding location. Hope this helps.

#6 Nora

• 87 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 08:33 PM

I actually shot a wedding there a while ago (5+ years) and here's what I remember... no cars on the island, just golf carts. Also, the ferry that leaves from Long Beach stops at a certain time so either you have to be on the ferry to go home or you're marooned on the island for the night :) Gorgeous place though and there was a hotel with great views. Also, popular with scuba divers.

#7 Christine

• VIP Member
              • 21,514 posts
              • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
              • Wedding Location:Napa, California
              • LocationReno, NV

Posted 20 July 2009 - 01:54 AM

its very tiny but could be really cool if all the guests head over on the ferry together.
              Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#8 purrfected

• 396 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 11:51 AM

Just an odd fact that I saw in a local advertisement they are now offering steam ship rides to Catalina Islan that are supposed to remind you of the old style cruises on steam ships. Now your guests can cruise to Catalina in grand style!!The boat is fully restored and looks really fun. This is the link: http://www.lanevicto...ndex.phphttp://

#9 harryjhon

• 1 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 06:48 PM

yes Catalina Island is very good place for wedding. i suggest you should go there have a nice wedding

#10 lizzyl875

• 153 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 09:29 PM

I've also been to Catalina Island many times. Just make sure you take the big boat over there because there's less of a tendency for sea sickness. Also, there are 2 sides to Catalina: Avalon (main part) and the back side (Two Harbors). Very quaint and laid back. Lots of people go camping there too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users