45 replies to this topic

#21 BlakleyBrideToBe

• 2,115 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 02:42 PM

We're not registering

#22 SDSteph

• 812 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 07:51 PM

We are not going to register either and stating it is a no gift wedding. My friends keep saying thats crazy but if they insist the will just send money. =)
      Steph and Kel Mayan Riveria - February 2011http://www.stephnkelwedding.com

#23 flyin'away

• 3 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 10:16 AM

We are not going to register. We do not want any gifts for our wedding. I don't think we will have a shower either to keep the costs down for the bridal party and the guests.

#24 SSNM

• 675 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 03:36 PM

My fiance and I are not expecting gifts for our DW as we much more value the presence of our guests. Although based on some people's posts we may consider just registering and just telling people if they ask us. I am also not holding my bridal party to a shower and I will be buying their dresses to help keep their costs low.

#25 DanielleNDerek

• VIP Member
          • 18,452 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 03:45 PM

you might want to check out these threads
            ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
            Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
            Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#26 chiefscribe

• 33 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 07:27 PM

Is myregistry.com the best multi-vendor registry site?

We are looking for one that doesn't charge excessive fees--that one that skims 7% is off the list, for example--and that updates properly, i.e. marks purchased items as purchased.

I have seen wishpot.com mentioned elsewhere on this site.

Any others that we should consider? We just want to register at ONE online site that can handle any online store. We've already created our own very extensive wedding website, so don't need any bonus features like free sites, just a basic functioning registry for those friends and family who demand the info.

#27 *Meagan*

• 5,521 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 07:34 PM

We registered but basically for our almost married reception and our AHR. We do not expect gifts for our wedding!

#28 *kellis*

• 330 posts

Posted 06 September 2009 - 04:04 AM

Originally Posted by jamaicabride10
                  I want to do a registry as we already have a house & everything we need, so we really do not want tonnes of stuff with nowhere to put it. It is quite uncommon to do this over here (Ireland/England), so I know NO ONE will ask where we are registered!! I don't know how to let people know without sounding like we expect gifts! I definitely don't want to put it on the invitation and I think telling everyone by WOM is a bit like 'asking' too....any thoughts??
                  Are you going to have a wedding website? Then you can put the information on where you are registered on there so people can see it but it's not like you are asking for gifts.
                  (Formerly "Future Mrs. Kt Ellis")

I love being a wife!

#29 *kellis*

• 330 posts

Posted 06 September 2009 - 04:11 AM

As for us, we registered at target and crate and barrel. We did so because we knew that a lot of our family would not be able to make it to the wedding and we will just put the information on our website.
                    Also, while we do both have furniture and what not, it's kind of a haphazard mix of bachelor pad furniture and my craigslists finds and we are both looking forward to finally having our own place together and decorating a home together so I think making a registry was important for us.
                    (Formerly "Future Mrs. Kt Ellis")

I love being a wife!

#30 MsClarke724

• 244 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 08:51 PM

Does this sound ok for our wedding website??

Your presence at our wedding is the best wedding gift we could receive.

For shower purposes, registry information will be posted at a later date.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users