Outback Safari Excursion

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 yanettg

• 44 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 08:15 PM

Hey ladies,

I searched the previous threads to see if I could find anything but found only vague references.

Did anyone go on the Outback Safari Tour? I found this website and wondered if anyone went on any excursions and if so what where the price ranges and did u enjoy them?

I keep seeing ATV and the zipline but how exciting is a zipline really for over 60 bucks to go over some trees? lol

#2 sperger

• Banned
    • 474 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 11:33 AM

I've never seen this website, but I've done the zip line thing before, it was cool, but I don't know if I'd do it again. Are you thinking of doing a big group excursion with your wedding group on one of these tours?

#3 lesandlynda

• 199 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 12:03 PM

Hi Yanettg - Outback Safari does lots of trips in our area, and the clients seem to be having lots of fun. There's also another tour company, called 4T, that have rave reviews from their clients at:
        Tours Trips Treks & Travel 's Testimonials of Edcuational, Adventure and Community Service Programs in the Dominican Republic.
        They'd be worth checking out too......happy planning. It's fun when there are so many great choices to pick from......all the best!

#4 KPEG

• 267 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 12:13 AM

Yanettg, I went on the Outback Safari Tour last spring. It was by far the best excursion I have been on in the Dominican. They take you through a bunch of places to experience the Dominican. We went through a small Dominican town, visited a local school and home, went to a local restaurant, went boogie boarding at a private beach (so much fun) and visited a mountain/river area all while driving through the rough terrain. The guides were awesome, so much fun and very knowledgeable. We booked the excursion through vacation vendor at our resort and it was around $80 or $90 USD. But worth it compared to other excursions!!

It's guaranteed a good time!

#5 Diva

• 682 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 07:02 PM

Thanks!! This was the one I was thinking about doing. I asked my TA if she could find us a group rate as well. Anyone been recently? I notice the last review was from 2009, not that i don't appreciate it KPEG :)

#6 khomac

• 380 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 11:49 PM

Definitely LOVED the Outback Safari. In Jan 08 we went to a school, local area to see all kinds of local plants, fruits, etc, seen a pretend cockfight (no animals were harmed), went to a local house and got coffee, went to an area where we saw how they made candy and got to sample all fresh cut fruits, and then finally went to the river for food and relaxation.

It was so informative and I loved every minute of it!
              Kelly & Pablo

Michael and Phil Steingard are located in Ontario, but travel to Punta Cana quite often during the year. There is a good chance they will be down already during your wedding week, so this will cut travel costs

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users