Overwhelmed...where do you even begin?

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#21 bholthof

• Banned
  • 323 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 01:22 PM

I hear ya... I'm totally in the same position right now... its soooo hard to pick just one place!!
    21 people + Bride & Groom booked!!

#22 JOSIE

• 1,792 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 01:39 PM

aw :) we've all been through this! Here is where I would start.... a date. I picked one and then narrowed down resorts based on which still had my date available. I became set on my date and it made things easier when the resorts werent available (it was like a sign or something!)

Also, a budget. How much do you want guests to spend? How much do you want to spend? Also where do you picture yourself getting married....on a beach? in a gazebo? a garden area? then going through pics and seeing which locations are better than others. Those were allll my starting out thoughts and thats what helped! good luck!

#23 candicemarie

• 271 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 11:25 PM

Thank you!! Yet again, another oh so helpful thread
        I'm just beginning planning for my DW in Cabo and all the advice here is very much appreciated!!

#24 Natural

• 218 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 02:16 PM

Wonderful advice!!!! I just love BDW
          Life is too short to be serious...so laugh a little

#25 ashey063009

• 604 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 02:40 PM

NUmber #1-- MAKE A LIST.

It will save your life. Add to it, or get rid of things-- but as you check things off the stress will just float away.

First-- Destination choice
            Second-- Resort picks (2 back-up choices, JUST IN CASE)
            Third-- Start plugging through these threads and look for:
            - invite inspiration
            - STD etiquette
            - start looking for OOT bag stuff (cheaper at end of summer)

Most importantly-- Remember to enjoy every moment. While planning is by-far the most stressful part, it can also be some of the most fun. :) Get creative, and have fun! :)

#26 CnC

• 108 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 12:45 AM

Still no date or a venue.

BUT, FI just moved down to Dallas (he lives in Chicago) for 6-8 weeks to stay with me and to plan the wedding. :) I've narrowed it down to 3 resorts; one in Hawaii, 2 in Mexico. Now, I'm searching for a location in the Caribbean. (FI is very inclined to the Caribbean.) We now have a budget - so it helps. At this point, I find myself more and more thinking - Civil service and let's call it a day!
              Not really...

#27 ashey063009

• 604 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 01:11 AM

lol-- I know it all seems very overwhelming, but it sounds like you're on JUST the right track. Keep trucking, it'll all be worth it in the end.

And remember: we are all here to help, so feel free to ask if you need anything!

#28 CnC

• 108 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 11:54 PM

Thank you, ashey063009!

#29 slapsappyhappy

• 443 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 06:29 PM

I feel the same way, now that we are "officially" engaged the stress begins... I almost wanted to just say screw it and elope but I love this forum and everyone is so helpful so I have calmed down a lot, lol!

#30 Kodi

• 6 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 12:25 AM

Wow! All this advice is really helpful. Especially since I am also one of those brides to be who is overwhelmed and don't know where to start!

Thanks for breaking it down ladies!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users