Puerto Vallarta Wedding

travelhappy527

My daughter just married in Puerto Vallarta & I wanted to share the information with you. She married in Our Lady of Guadalupe Church. It is a beautiful church, but getting your wedding booked there is a challenge. It helps to have a Spanish speaking family member to help with that. The reception was at CasaMagna Marriott in the Marina. Rosario at the hotel was incredible helping us. The food was great & the service was to be commended. Robin with Vallarta Vows was instrumental in securing a band for us as well as a DJ. The band was good & the DJ was non-stop music. GREAT! We had fireworks on the beach that the Marriott arranged. Superior Tours sent charter buses to the hotel to transport us to the church then back. Wonderful experience with them. Puerto Vallarta Tours did all our airport transfers....the only way to go...no hassles! Ray with PromoVision was an incredible video person. Highly recommend him! L and A Photography did an outstanding job with pictures. Very professional & beautiful pictures. Flowers to Go in PV did the flowers. So easy to work with!! I didn't hire a wedding coordinator, choosing to do the planning myself from the states. It was a challenge, but when the dust cleared, it was well worth it! Feel free to ask any questions. We had a WONDERFUL time!!!!

I'm in the process of putting together a contract with L and A Photo. Do you have any recommendations or reviews of working with Leticia? Would you mind sharing some photos from the wedding? Any insight is greatly appreciated! Thanks :)

I'm glad that some people had a good experience with Leticia. We, however, did not. We hired her back in January when Dream VM just opened. She did a mediocre job at best and did not listen to us with regard to pictures that we wanted (e.g. I wanted a picture of just me and my brother and she said no). Worse than not listening to us, most of her photos were out of focus and EVERY SINGLE ONE had dirt on her camera sensor that reproduced black spots in every picture! This is not what I would call professional. Finally, she did not send us the correct amount of pictures that we had agreed upon with a signed contract. She was hurried, grumpy, and unprofessional. Like I stated earlier, I am happy that some people had a great experience with her and I'm sure that she is capable of producing quality, but for us it was too costly not to let everyone know about a potential pitfall. Just another perspective to consider.

fojo - thanks for the input. would you mind sharing your pictures from leticia with me? i am having a very difficult time finding a good photographer in pv and every pieece of information is helpful! feel free to shoot me a pm if you want.

wow sounds like every thing went off with out a hitch !!!I'm glad every thing was wonderful !!!

I do have a question about flowers to go?

do they have a wed sit ? and if so does it have prices?

and how far in advance did you have to order your flowers ?

I guess that 3 questions sorry lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelhappy527 View Post
My daughter just married in Puerto Vallarta & I wanted to share the information with you. She married in Our Lady of Guadalupe Church. It is a beautiful church, but getting your wedding booked there is a challenge. It helps to have a Spanish speaking family member to help with that. The reception was at CasaMagna Marriott in the Marina. Rosario at the hotel was incredible helping us. The food was great & the service was to be commended. Robin with Vallarta Vows was instrumental in securing a band for us as well as a DJ. The band was good & the DJ was non-stop music. GREAT! We had fireworks on the beach that the Marriott arranged. Superior Tours sent charter buses to the hotel to transport us to the church then back. Wonderful experience with them. Puerto Vallarta Tours did all our airport transfers....the only way to go...no hassles! Ray with PromoVision was an incredible video person. Highly recommend him! L and A Photography did an outstanding job with pictures. Very professional & beautiful pictures. Flowers to Go in PV did the flowers. So easy to work with!! I didn't hire a wedding coordinator, choosing to do the planning myself from the states. It was a challenge, but when the dust cleared, it was well worth it! Feel free to ask any questions. We had a WONDERFUL time!!!!

Great to hear everything came out perfect!!! . Do you mind sharing the name of the Band and DJ you used?

Do you have any photos by chance? I adore that church and it's such a gorgeous venue for a wedding. Thanks for the tips as well on booking it as I'm sure it's getting more and more popular every year with the PV DW brides.

Quote:
Originally Posted by autjo View Post
fojo - thanks for the input. would you mind sharing your pictures from leticia with me? i am having a very difficult time finding a good photographer in pv and every pieece of information is helpful! feel free to shoot me a pm if you want.

I have heard really good things about Elizabeth Llloyd and Elizabeth Medina for photography in PV. I actually booked Elizabeth Lloyd's second shooter to photograph my wedding. I also heard really good things about Juan Carlos Tapia(sp??). There are so many great options for great photography in PV you just have to look at their websites to see if you like their pics!

Thanks Jessica! I have done so many hours of research I was going insane. There are a ton of photogs out there, but most of the ones we liked were already booked or were way out of our tiny little budget. Or they ended up having terrible reviews on here. For example, I was trying to put something together with Leticia Alarcon but she upped the price on me 3 times in the course of a week (it was so annoying).

Until yesterday when I found Nate Cordova! Our fist choice was originally Beth Lloyd but she was booked so what could be better than her second shooter?!?! Edna sent me a PM with his name and it looks like there are a ton of great reviews on him and what an awesome price!!! It also helps when people on here post good stuff about him. I figured he was the one for me when the pics he sent were of Jeni on BDW. I'll let you know how things work out with Nate since we are getting married at the same place cheesy.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future Mrs. Griffith View Post
I have heard really good things about Elizabeth Llloyd and Elizabeth Medina for photography in PV. I actually booked Elizabeth Lloyd's second shooter to photograph my wedding. I also heard really good things about Juan Carlos Tapia(sp??). There are so many great options for great photography in PV you just have to look at their websites to see if you like their pics!

Quote:
Originally Posted by autjo View Post
Thanks Jessica! I have done so many hours of research I was going insane. There are a ton of photogs out there, but most of the ones we liked were already booked or were way out of our tiny little budget. Or they ended up having terrible reviews on here. For example, I was trying to put something together with Leticia Alarcon but she upped the price on me 3 times in the course of a week (it was so annoying).

Until yesterday when I found Nate Cordova! Our fist choice was originally Beth Lloyd but she was booked so what could be better than her second shooter?!?! Edna sent me a PM with his name and it looks like there are a ton of great reviews on him and what an awesome price!!! It also helps when people on here post good stuff about him. I figured he was the one for me when the pics he sent were of Jeni on BDW. I'll let you know how things work out with Nate since we are getting married at the same place cheesy.gif
Thanks!!! That would be awesome, I was super excited to book him too! Are you doing a TTD with him too?? Oh I am so excited if you could send me your feedback since we have the same resort and the same photographer that would be awesome!! I have just worked with him thru email but he has been awesome to work with and I love the photos on his website.smile29.gif