Photo

Custom made wedding dress in progress!

• Please log in to reply
270 replies to this topic

#71 ~*Lisa*~

~*Lisa*~
  • 2,287 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 11:18 PM

Thanks for the advice everyone, I really do appreciate it.

I will head to the Lingerie shop tomorrow as I live 2 mins away! lol I'll let you know what I can find! :)

#72 blana

blana
    • 84 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 11:38 PM

I think that dress is beautiful and you are going to look stunning in it! Your aunt has alot of talent!! I also agree with the ladies that it needs to come in a bit but if it were me since you want the strapless so much wait til you get the rest of it done to make a decision on straps. If you do chose straps I completely agree with Desiree...the chantily pulls the whole thing together beautifully especially since it matches the top and the bottom.
      Look forward to hearing what you choose.

#73 sn0048

sn0048
      • 264 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 12:19 AM

Lisa,
        Your dress looks fantastic so far the lace is gorgeous but I agree about the waist being taken in and as far as the strapless bra situation, I am a 36ff and I got a long-line strapless bra that holds the girls and gives you a better shape, if you can't find anything locally check out the Goddess line at herroom.com. They are fantastic!

#74 Erika J

Erika J

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 8,569 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 01:42 AM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by sn0048
          Lisa,
          Your dress looks fantastic so far the lace is gorgeous but I agree about the waist being taken in and as far as the strapless bra situation, I am a 36ff and I got a long-line strapless bra that holds the girls and gives you a better shape, if you can't find anything locally check out the Goddess line at herroom.com. They are fantastic!

Ha ha, I have the godess in black lace and have worn it in 2 BM dresses!!!

#75 lmuze

lmuze
          • 457 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 03:46 AM

Lisa, your dress is soooo pretty and you'll look awsome. I hope you get the courage to talke to your Aunt, i know how hard it can be....all the best!

#76 ~*Lisa*~

~*Lisa*~
            • 2,287 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 08:43 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by sn0048
              Lisa,
              Thanks! I'll check out that site!

#77 ~*Lisa*~

~*Lisa*~
              • 2,287 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 01:11 PM

Well I went out this morning and found a better bra at Sears. I'll be meeting up with my aunt again with the new bra, hopefully it works better as I really, really want to go strapless!!

#78 ~*Lisa*~

~*Lisa*~
                • 2,287 posts

Posted 21 June 2009 - 09:33 PM

Another update. I spoke with my aunt last night and I told her that I wasn't happy with the dress, that I wanted it closer to my body. She listened to what I had to say and then told me, no problem! So I was really happy and relieved after that. We'll be having another fitting this week I think, so I'll post updates afterwards.

Thank you ladies so much. You don't know how much all your opinions mean to me and help me through everything! THANKS!!!!

#79 marryinghimagain

marryinghimagain
                  • 479 posts

Posted 21 June 2009 - 10:39 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by lisaloo79
                    Another update. I spoke with my aunt last night and I told her that I wasn't happy with the dress, that I wanted it closer to my body. She listened to what I had to say and then told me, no problem! So I was really happy and relieved after that. We'll be having another fitting this week I think, so I'll post updates afterwards.

Thank you ladies so much. You don't know how much all your opinions mean to me and help me through everything! THANKS!!!!

That is great news, Lisa! Your aunt sounds terrific. One less stressful thing off your mind. Looking forward to the next set of pics!!!

#80 ~*Lisa*~

~*Lisa*~
                    • 2,287 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 10:17 AM

Hi ladies!

So it's been a few weeks since I've posted anything because nothing has happened! lol I did speak to my aunt about taking in the dress and she's done that. We are supposed to be meeting up tonight for another fitting so I'll post as soon as I can. Have a great day ladies! :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users