Photo

Melia Varadero - Resort Photographer?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 krista_nf

krista_nf
  • 39 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 09:18 PM

Just wondering if anyone had any experience with the Melia resort photographers... or any resort photographers in Cuba. I've noticed that a lot of people on here bring their own photographers with them, but we are hoping that we don't have to spend quite that much if possible. Does anyone know where I can find any work by resort photographers in the area.. just to get some ideas? Thanks!

#2 Tilly in the Sun

Tilly in the Sun
    • 450 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 06:29 AM

Krista we are also in the same boat...I haven't found a way to check local photographers (besides seeing some beautiful pics of brides on here), but if I figure it out I will for sure let you know :-)

#3 Tilly in the Sun

Tilly in the Sun
      • 450 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 06:34 AM

Oh and if you can find brides going down to Cuba the same time as you, you could split the cost of bringing a photographer that you like from home.

Do you have your date and location set? There is a thread in the Cuba sub forum for brides to say their date...if you have yours set already you could check out that thread and see if anyone is going down the same time, and see if they might be interested in splitting the cost.

Or you could even make your own thread?

#4 krayzeekitty

krayzeekitty
        • 199 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 07:56 AM

I am in the same boat. I have not heard anything great about the resort photographer but cannot afford to bring my own so I am hoping to share travel costs with someone to bring a photographer in....................
          http://tickers.Ticke....05c0/event.png

Looking to share photographer week of January 16, 2010 Holguin, Cuba

#5 krista_nf

krista_nf
          • 39 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 08:54 AM

Thanks guys... Ive looked into bringing my own as well, though the cost of bringing him without sharing with anyone else seems like waaay too much. Our wedding date is April 2, 2010.. Have to figure out how to put that in my lil profile on the left, lol

#6 Dmitri_Markine

Dmitri_Markine
            • Vendor
            • 2,782 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 10:04 AM

Amarillis, a bride in here did post a few pictures of her wedding,taken by a resort photographer.

#7 fudgie

fudgie
              • 353 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 02:26 PM

I think that Amarillis had a few pictures from her Cuban friend Roly (please correct me if I am wrong!). Roly lives in Varadero and is also a photographer who does weddings. I contacted him myself and considered having him do our wedding. While he is a great photographer, they lack the modern equipment in Cuba and wasn't what I was looking for. I would suggest you contact him though if you are interested. He did send me some examples of work he has done and his prices are great.
                There is also a professional destination wedding photographer who is now based out of Havana. Here is his website BEST DESTINATION WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHY BY AWARD WINNING PHOTOGRAPHER PETER VAN DE MAELE SPECIALIZES IN DESTINATION WEDDINGS ACROSS THE GLOBE - I think he actually has an album of a wedding he has done at the Melia Varadero.
                Photo by: Cineart Photographywww.cineartphotography.comOur Professional Slideshow

#8 jackobelle

jackobelle
                • 359 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 04:43 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by fudgie
                  I think that Amarillis had a few pictures from her Cuban friend Roly (please correct me if I am wrong!). Roly lives in Varadero and is also a photographer who does weddings. I contacted him myself and considered having him do our wedding. While he is a great photographer, they lack the modern equipment in Cuba and wasn't what I was looking for. I would suggest you contact him though if you are interested. He did send me some examples of work he has done and his prices are great.
                  There is also a professional destination wedding photographer who is now based out of Havana. Here is his website BEST DESTINATION WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHY BY AWARD WINNING PHOTOGRAPHER PETER VAN DE MAELE SPECIALIZES IN DESTINATION WEDDINGS ACROSS THE GLOBE - I think he actually has an album of a wedding he has done at the Melia Varadero.

We are using Peter Vandemaele as our photographer. He takes beautiful pictures and he is located in Varadero so there are no travel costs! He is from Belgium, I believe so he can leave Cuba and get up to date equipment.

Most resort photographers in Cuba do not have good equipmet and at all the resorts I toured who showed me some samples, they honestly looked like it was non prefessional photos a guest at the wedding could have taken. But ask the resort to email you some pics so you can see for yourself.

Also ~ be aware that some resorts do not let you bring in outside photogs from Cuba (e.g. Roly & Peter) unless you are bringing them from Canada and they are a guest at the hotel.

#9 heidi_lk

heidi_lk
                  • 80 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 12:04 AM

We used Peter for our May 21st wedding... he is amazing!!!! We love his photos and his was just a wonderful person to work with!!! Thumbs way up for Peter Van De Maele.

#10 jackobelle

jackobelle
                    • 359 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 11:25 AM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by heidi_lk
                      We used Peter for our May 21st wedding... he is amazing!!!! We love his photos and his was just a wonderful person to work with!!! Thumbs way up for Peter Van De Maele.
                      I am glad everything worked out with him, Heidi!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users