SGBrown’s Iberostar RoseHall Suites Wedding Review

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#11 Myen

Myen
  • 102 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 04:52 PM

Hi Sarah,

Great review! I just got back from Jamaica yesterday and I should be drafting my review shortly, but I agree with 99% of what you had written up about IRHS. It's a shame we didn't get to officially meet. Although I did meet a number of your guests throughout the week and I did catch part of your beach ceremony from my balcony.

Congrats and I'm so happy the day was perfect for you!

Cheers,
    Myen

#12 Sheree10

Sheree10
    • 1,026 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 05:33 PM

Congrats on your marriage! I'm so glad that everything turned out so lovely, especially after the change in location. Great review of the resort and the wedding.
      http://tickers.Ticke....03cf/event.png

BRIDE + GROOM + 60 GUESTS!!

#13 kris

kris
      • 506 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 06:29 PM

Congrats on everything...it sounded amazing! Can't wait for pics :)
        This was one of my original choices of resorts and now you made me wish I stuck with it. All the best.

#14 sgbrown

sgbrown
        • 130 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 08:47 PM

My friends and family members have just given me a bunch of pictures so as soon as I pick my way through them all and find ones that show off the resort and wedding details, I'll be sure to post them for you all to see.

I won't receive my pro pics for probably a week, so it might take a little while longer for those, but I'll be sure to post them quickly!

#15 sgbrown

sgbrown
          • 130 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 10:01 PM

Ok, I created a photobucket account (first time user) and I think I've managed to find a few non-professional pictures to highlight a bit about the resort and our wedding. There's only 23 pics for now, but it's a start! I'll update this thread whenever I add more.

Now let's see if I can properly add the link to my photobucket page...

Pictures by sarahgracedavis - Photobucket

Please let me know if the link isn't functional!

#16 mrs.meyer73109

mrs.meyer73109
            • 24 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 10:39 AM

Thank you so much for posting your review! I am getting married at the SUITES on July 31, 2009. I was originally supposed to get married at Azul Sensatori in Riveria Maya but changed a few months back after my site visit and all the bad reviews they were getting. You review makes me feel good about my choice. I can't wait to see your photos!

#17 ~*DiAnE*~

~*DiAnE*~
              • 1,418 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 10:48 AM

Great Review!! Sounds like everything was perfect!! Can't wait for pics!! :)

#18 NegrilLB

NegrilLB
                • 172 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 03:53 PM

Thanks for the great review and pics Sarah! I am considering a wedding there as well and I am so glad I was able to see some pics, especially of the reception set-up. Congrats on a beautiful wedding!
                  http://dwdf.daisypath.com/hfwgm5.png

118 Guests + Bride and Groom Attended

#19 Sparkles8300

Sparkles8300
                  • 349 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 09:20 PM

Beautiful wedding!! I love the hanging lanterns, they really made the whole look pop! I will def be bringing those with me as well now! So was your dinner a sit down dinner or buffet? I am getting married at the Grand and I think the only choice was buffet...but I really want a sit down. If it was a sit down, what did you have for your course choices...maybe I can see if they will let me do that same dinner. Congrats again and everything looked beautiful and I am glad you had such a great experience!
                    WE WERE SO BLESSED TO HAVE A PERFECT WEDDING WEEKEND FROM START TO FINISH!

My Planning Thread:http://bestdestinati....c-heavy-53105/Our Sungold Photograpy Slideshow to music:http://www.sungoldph....otter-hooters/http://tickers.Ticke....3c97/event.png

#20 sgbrown

sgbrown
                    • 130 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 09:57 AM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Sparkles8300
                      Beautiful wedding!! I love the hanging lanterns, they really made the whole look pop! I will def be bringing those with me as well now! So was your dinner a sit down dinner or buffet? I am getting married at the Grand and I think the only choice was buffet...but I really want a sit down. If it was a sit down, what did you have for your course choices...maybe I can see if they will let me do that same dinner. Congrats again and everything looked beautiful and I am glad you had such a great experience!
                      Our dinner was a sit-down dinner, with a warm appetizer, main course and dessert served directly to our guests. In addition, there was a cold appetizer buffet inside Aunt Ruby's that my guests could also choose from. Some did (the hungrier ones, I guess!) and some didn't opt to get more food from the appetizers buffet. I didn't, mostly because my dress was tight and I didn't want to get too stuffed.

I've attached Aunt Ruby's group menu for you. Each guest chose a main course and a dessert which I emailed to Loreto ahead of time so that she knew who got what. Everyone was given the same warm appetizer.

I'm glad you liked the paper lanterns! I loved them.

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users