Photo

When did/are you sending invitations out?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 cancunbride2be

cancunbride2be
  • 153 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 02:46 PM

Hi ladies!!!
    I am in the process of doing my invitations and I was wondering when I should send them out. Since its a destination wedding, I feel like I should be sending them out a lot earlier than one would for a normal wedding. I want to make sure that everyone has enough time to make travel arrangements/get passports, since January is high season for Cancun. But we did send save the dates to everybody in April, so they have plenty of fair warning.
    So for those of you already married or already sent out invites, how long before your wedding did you send them out?

THANKS!!!
    Happily Married 1/25/08
    Dreams Resort, Cancun

#2 Heidi

Heidi
    • 2,642 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 02:52 PM

this might help: http://bestdestinati...com/forum/t4976

Did you send out Save the Dates?
      Married April 4, 2008 at the Riu Ocho Rios!

#3 Heidi

Heidi
      • 2,642 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 02:52 PM

duh, you answered my question in your post... sorry!!!
        Married April 4, 2008 at the Riu Ocho Rios!

#4 Rachelle E.

Rachelle E.
        • VIP Member
        • 4,116 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 02:53 PM

Not sure what the proper procedure is on this....but I would say since you already sent out the STD cards in advance, you can send out the invites much closer to the date. I know for a local wedding it's usually about 8 weeks before the date.

But also take into account if/when you want your rsvp's due by. If you have to give a final count to a vendor 2 weeks in advance...then I'd request your rsvp's a week before that would be due. In which case you might even send out the invites a week or so earlier.

That probably sounded confusing!! Sorry! I think 8 weeks out is a good minimum. .. earlier if you need a head count at a certain time.

#5 dragonfly

dragonfly
          • 1,820 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 04:13 PM

I'm getting married in the middle of August and we sent our std's in January and we sent our invites this week. Mind you all of our people have already booked their trip, the invites are just a formality really.

Kelly~

#6 MrsV-to-be

MrsV-to-be
            • 554 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 04:24 PM

Im not doing Save the dates. I'm just doing an invitation with a wedding resort information insert. They will be done in a week or 2 and I will send them out right away. We promised everyone about a year's advance notice - and I don't have the time to do both a STD and a invite!

#7 A10CalGal

A10CalGal
              • VIP Member
              • 11,403 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 05:50 PM

We sent STD's out 9 months in advance & formal invites 2.5 months in advance of the wedding date.

#8 NHPT

NHPT
                • 3,848 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 06:02 PM

we sent save the dates 10 months in advance- and sent acutal invitations 10 weeks early- with the RSVP due date 3 weeks before our wedding day
                  Destination Wedding Cabo San Lucas (3-29-07) Proud Momma to Avery (3-21-08) and Gracyn (10-12-10)

#9 Natasha92907

Natasha92907
                  • 56 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 12:48 AM

Our STD's went out about 11 months in advance. However, I know NO ONE has booked their trips yet, so we are sending out our invitations in the next week or two. So, 3.5 months in advance for us. We are expecting between 120-150 people.
                    http://www.ezticker.......!/ticker.png

Invitations are out! YES: 25 NO: 11 UNDECIDED: 118
                    Bert and Natasha's Wedding Website

#10 anaderoux

anaderoux
                    • 3,220 posts

Posted 17 June 2007 - 02:57 PM

I sent STDs 6 months before, and invitations 4 weeks before the wedding..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users