Photo

EASY out of town bag ideas

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 Anon101

Anon101
  • 86 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 03:29 PM

Hi! I really wish I had the energy and time to put together the lovely bags that I keep reading about here, but I don't. So, I'm looking for something nice and easy. Any ideas? I was considering giving each guest a $25 gift certificate to the gift shop at our hotel. Is this a terrible idea? Thanks!

#2 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
    • VIP Member
    • 18,452 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 03:30 PM

No actually i think that's a really good idea than your guests can pick out their own souvenirs.
      ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
      Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
      Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#3 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
      • VIP Member
      • 18,452 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 03:31 PM

you might want to check with your WC i know my resort had different gift sets you could give to your wedding gifts. yours might too. But i do really like the GC idea for your guests.
        ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
        Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
        Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#4 Divine Embroidery

Divine Embroidery
        • 46 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 03:40 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Anon101
          Hi! I really wish I had the energy and time to put together the lovely bags that I keep reading about here, but I don't. So, I'm looking for something nice and easy. Any ideas? I was considering giving each guest a $25 gift certificate to the gift shop at our hotel. Is this a terrible idea? Thanks!
          I'm confused were you looking to replace oot bags with a gift certificate. So instead of an oot bag they will receive a gift card of $25.00. That is a great idea but oot bags are a lot cheaper then 25.00 a piece. Unless you are counting the items in the oot bag as well in that 25.00 a person. But even so you can find great personalised oot bags on here that are very affortable and you won't have to make anything. Just an idea. I would hate to see you fork out all that money when an oot bag can be cheaper. Good luck with your planning.

#5 Anon101

Anon101
          • 86 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 03:43 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Divine Embroidery
            I'm confused were you looking to replace oot bags with a gift certificate. So instead of an oot bag they will receive a gift card of $25.00. That is a great idea but oot bags are a lot cheaper then 25.00 a piece. Unless you are counting the items in the oot bag as well in that 25.00 a person. But even so you can find great personalised oot bags on here that are very affortable and you won't have to make anything. Just an idea. I would hate to see you fork out all that money when an oot bag can be cheaper. Good luck with your planning.
            I was thinking we'd only give gift certificates. So, welcome letter/schedule plus gift certificate (to replace filled OOT bag). I feel lazy, it just seems so much easier than personalizing and filling bags (including getting them down there).

#6 CTall119

CTall119
            • 51 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 03:49 PM

The GC to your resorts shop - I think that is VERY clever idea (as you never know WHO may have forgotten suntan lotion - or WHO has an extensive collection of shot glasses!)

Here is what we are including in our guests gift bags; please note that our wedding colors are bright orange and bright fuschia:
              - Embroidered beach towels. The ladies towels will be bright fuschia with lime green embroidery and the mens towels will be bright orange with lime green embroidery. The font will match that of our invites and wedding stationary.

- We are having handmade Aloe Aloe soaps put in (which have lavendar, aloe, lemon, and bergomot essential oils in them) and are made of shea butter so they will be super moisturizing after a day in the sun, and the aloe will help to treat any sunburn that may have been gotten.

- An invitation to a champagne brunch the morning after they arrive.

- A personalized thank you note thanking our guests for traveling so far to celebrate with us (the cardstock matches the rest of our wedding stationary.)

- A Kodak underwater camera

- An organza bag that has a tin of mints that match our stationary, a package of goldfish, and a package of swedish fish for snacks (beach wedding, fish theme!)

These items will be placed in a brown bag tied together with raffia and faux flowers. Each bag will have a hang tag with our guests last name so they can be given the appropriate bag upon check in.

Any other ideas of what I can include?

Thanks!!
              Regards,
              Chantelle

#7 Anon101

Anon101
              • 86 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 03:52 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by CTall119
                The GC to your resorts shop - I think that is VERY clever idea (as you never know WHO may have forgotten suntan lotion - or WHO has an extensive collection of shot glasses!)

Here is what we are including in our guests gift bags; please note that our wedding colors are bright orange and bright fuschia:
                - Embroidered beach towels. The ladies towels will be bright fuschia with lime green embroidery and the mens towels will be bright orange with lime green embroidery. The font will match that of our invites and wedding stationary.

- We are having handmade Aloe Aloe soaps put in (which have lavendar, aloe, lemon, and bergomot essential oils in them) and are made of shea butter so they will be super moisturizing after a day in the sun, and the aloe will help to treat any sunburn that may have been gotten.

- An invitation to a champagne brunch the morning after they arrive.

- A personalized thank you note thanking our guests for traveling so far to celebrate with us (the cardstock matches the rest of our wedding stationary.)

- A Kodak underwater camera

- An organza bag that has a tin of mints that match our stationary, a package of goldfish, and a package of swedish fish for snacks (beach wedding, fish theme!)

These items will be placed in a brown bag tied together with raffia and faux flowers. Each bag will have a hang tag with our guests last name so they can be given the appropriate bag upon check in.

Any other ideas of what I can include?

Thanks!!

Thanks. Yeah, we were thinking a GC to our resort gift shop. I wish I had time to put something together like you're planning, but this will have to do.

#8 Divine Embroidery

Divine Embroidery
                • 46 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 03:54 PM

Anon101,

Ok now I got it. That's a great idea. Your guests will love that. Good Luck!!

#9 purrfected

purrfected
                  • 396 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 05:20 PM

I love the idea of the Gift certificates. I think your guests will love it. I think all in all it will save time and money. I have found that to do the bags right it is actually quite costly!

#10 DRod0214

DRod0214
                    • 173 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 06:39 PM

i love the GC idea. I would love to take a look at you welcome letter if you don't mind sending me a copy @ rodriguesd327@yahool.com I would greatly appreciage it.
                      Diane

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users