Jamaica Riu Brides

• Please log in to reply
448 replies to this topic

#91 Spazz

Spazz
  • VIP Member
  • 10,482 posts

Posted 16 August 2007 - 01:56 PM

Mo - Thanks for all of the information!!!!

#92 twinkletoes

twinkletoes
    • 2,302 posts

Posted 16 August 2007 - 02:02 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by lizz10179
      I wish my wedding was at 4:00. The ONLY time I could get was 12:00, I keep checking to see if anyone else has cancelled that day yet, but so far I'm stuck.

Lol, I thought I was the only one that did this! Glad to know I'm not alone.
      2 Hearts, 1 Love 08.08.08Punta Cana, D.R.

#93 twinkletoes

twinkletoes
      • 2,302 posts

Posted 16 August 2007 - 02:10 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by MoBride
        Saturday we are doing Dun's River Falls. No cruise ships there on Saturdays and some of my guests that want to do it will only be there from Thurs.-Sun. so that is the only day we could do the tour. I just wrote in my itinerary to meet in the lobby at 10am if interested in going.
        Mo - All I can say is WOW and Congrats! It sounds like you're on the ball. Thanks for sharing so much of your information.

Note about Dunn's River Falls: You may want to include a note in your booklet that you are sending out about bringing water shoes (or whatever you call them) for the falls. As they are VERY slippery and the shoes cost way more $ to rent when you get there (not to mention they are used by thousands of people and just "rinsed/dipped" in water instead of actually being cleaned), instead of buying them beforehand. I think I bought mine at Taret for like $3 or so.
        2 Hearts, 1 Love 08.08.08Punta Cana, D.R.

#94 BrittneyD

BrittneyD
        • 679 posts

Posted 16 August 2007 - 02:13 PM

Mo.. Are you providing transportation with Lee's Travel to Dunn's River Falls too? If so, what price were you quoted for that?
          Brittney & Peter
          July 12, 2008
          Riu Ocho Rios

http://tickers.Ticke....2452/event.png

#95 pouchie

pouchie
          • 189 posts

Posted 17 August 2007 - 10:44 AM

This may sound like a stupid question but what is a sand ceremony? It sounds romantic....

#96 Heidi

Heidi
            • 2,642 posts

Posted 17 August 2007 - 11:11 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by pouchie
              This may sound like a stupid question but what is a sand ceremony? It sounds romantic....
              here's some more info: The Knot Message Boards

http://bestdestinati....eremonies.html
              Married April 4, 2008 at the Riu Ocho Rios!

#97 pouchie

pouchie
              • 189 posts

Posted 17 August 2007 - 11:31 AM

Thanks Heidi. I love that idea!! I wonder if it would be a problem bringing the sand to Jamaica and then home? I like the one where you pour it out of the shells.

#98 Jerzzygirl

Jerzzygirl
                • 203 posts

Posted 17 August 2007 - 10:00 PM

OMG I feel so BEHINDDDDDDDDDDD!!!! LOL I havent even gotten dresses for my daughters that are my bridesmaids yet. I actually just want to show up and have everything done for me. Like I said before we have been together for over 8 years so it feels like we are married all ready and this is just a "formality". We thought we would have about 40-50 guests but half of the family will not go because they think we should be married here in a church and not on a beach in Jamaica.Like living together for the last 8 years wasnt a big enough sin in there eyes....lol I did book the disco and steeldrums but I decided to cancel the disco so we could just go to the beach party after dinner. To all the new brides here WELCOME. By the way 1 month on my ticker!!!!!! OH MY!!!Gotta get moving with my plans...

#99 jamaica2008

jamaica2008
                  • 9 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 10:01 AM

hello everyone, thought i'd join in on this one as i'm a new Jamaica RIU Bride. reading through this thread has scared the living daylights out of me.....there is so much to think about......i thought getting married abroad would be so easy!

#100 Spazz

Spazz
                    • VIP Member
                    • 10,482 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 10:36 AM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by jamaica2008
                      hello everyone, thought i'd join in on this one as i'm a new Jamaica RIU Bride. reading through this thread has scared the living daylights out of me.....there is so much to think about......i thought getting married abroad would be so easy!
                      Don't worry, you definitely don't need to go overboard and do everything we talk about. Some of us are just crazy planners and others just go with what's offered at the RIU and their weddings are beautiful. Just decide what is most important to you (flowers, photographer, etc) and focus on that, the rest will fall into place. Tell us what you're thinking for your wedding and we'll help get you started.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users