Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
jk1101

April 2010 Brides

Recommended Posts

oh man.. if booking with our TA required anything computer-related, my FMIL and FFIL would have had some serious problems! they have a computer and they can play games on it, but as soon as you mention the internet or ordering anything online they freak out!! good luck with your mom michele, i'm sure she'll come around.. even if it takes some nudging!

 

natasha, it looks like you are well on your way! that is awesome!! we have a few BM and GM who are trying to lose weight too so they are taking longer ordering their dresses/outfits.

 

as for the OOT bags, i'm doing mine for the same reason that tracy is, but i know there are a lot of girls who just do a favor instead. if there is something that you're worried your guests may forget to pack, maybe give them a recommended packing list to make sure that's covered? it's definitely not uncommon and if you don't want the hassle, don't do it!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melidell View Post
Wow- awesome completed list shortnsweet- well done! I saw that you're not sure about the OT bags- I'm going back and forth on this one too. I might just do a welcome gift and a favour at the reception- I just don't want to carry a bunch of stuff with me. Is anyone else thinking about forgoing the whole bag concept?
Thanks. I will probably only do OOT bags for our sailing guests. Right now we only have 6 confirmed and there probably won't be much more than that. For the non-sailing guests, since they won't be cruising with us, I will probably just do wedding favors that we will hand out at the Welcome Reception dinner the night before the ceremony.

Quote:
Originally Posted by caribbeanLover View Post
I decided to do the bags because allot of my guest, it'll be their first time to the caribbean's. I remember my first time. Allot of things I packed I didn't need, allot of things I really needed I didn't pack. I thought I'd put the things you forget to pack in the OOT bags. I am not having allot of guest either, so it's another reason why I said it would be good.
My big thing I want people to have is the travel mugs. As the resorts usualy give you small plastic cups. Maybe you could just give that as a welcome give (it will def be used all week)
If I do decide to do OOT bags for our sailing guests, I will definitely be including some sort of motion sickness pills like Dramamine (since most of my guests have never cruised before) and those waterproof pouches (that hang around your neck) for the beach.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebredhawk View Post
natasha, it looks like you are well on your way! that is awesome!! we have a few BM and GM who are trying to lose weight too so they are taking longer ordering their dresses/outfits.

as for the OOT bags, i'm doing mine for the same reason that tracy is, but i know there are a lot of girls who just do a favor instead. if there is something that you're worried your guests may forget to pack, maybe give them a recommended packing list to make sure that's covered? it's definitely not uncommon and if you don't want the hassle, don't do it!!
My FI is way ahead of me in the weight loss department. His clothes are hanging off of him. The funny thing is, he thinks he needs to be doing more as far as exercising. I keep telling him he is doing great. The weight loss is noticeable. He wants to make sure he looks good in our wedding photos.

As we get closer to the wedding date, I'll decide on whether or not to do OOT bags (when I know how many people are coming). I plan to include a recommended packing list on our wedding website as we get closer to the date.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
I decided to do the bags because allot of my guest, it'll be their first time to the caribbean's. I remember my first time. Allot of things I packed I didn't need, allot of things I really needed I didn't pack. I thought I'd put the things you forget to pack in the OOT bags. I am not having allot of guest either, so it's another reason why I said it would be good.
My big thing I want people to have is the travel mugs. As the resorts usualy give you small plastic cups. Maybe you could just give that as a welcome give (it will def be used all week)
That's a good point, but I think most of our guests will have been there before. I totally agree about the travel mugs, I was thinking about wrapping up some candy and putting them inside personalized mugs and giving that as a welcome gift.

Quote:
if there is something that you're worried your guests may forget to pack, maybe give them a recommended packing list to make sure that's covered?
Putting a recommend packing list on the website is also an excellent idea, I think I'll add that to mine for everyone who hasn't been there before. FI and I have also considered just taking extra's of a lot of the meds that people put in care packages just in case folks run out or forget something- kind of like a super duper first aid kit. Then we'll just make sure that people know we have that available.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LOL I like the motion sickness kit! that would be perfect, if I was your guest i'm sure I'd use it.

it's just not fair how men loose weight so quickly, but us woman have to work 3 times as hard. Tell him to stop working out, you need to catch up! (not that I think you need to loose weight, please don't get me wrong!)

 

Melidell

ohhh I love candy so I think that's such an amazing idea to forego the OOT bags and do just mugs with candy!! Good idea!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Erin- I LOVE your VS dress, so pretty! I wish it came in white so I could put my bridesmaids in it... we're having an all-white wedding.

 

Tracy- So sorry to hear about the RSVP frustration. It feels disappointing bc you're inviting the people that mean the MOST to you, and it feels like they're all letting you down. Can you email everyone and ask them to "respectfully rsvp with yes/no/i'll get back to you by january 15"

 

We officially have 10 people booked.... ALL on FI's side, NONE of our parents, NONE of my 3 bridesmaids. I feel like it's a competition of FI's side vs My side, and he's kicking my butttttt! Trying to stay upbeat despite it all :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm seriously considering taking down the "wedding party" page of our website. I'm not even sure 2 out of 3 of my bridesmaids will even come.... Is it too late to change my selection of bridesmaidshuh.gif!??!?!!! I better take the page with their names/pictures down soon in case I have to do some rearranging wink.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribbeanLover View Post
LOL I like the motion sickness kit! that would be perfect, if I was your guest i'm sure I'd use it.
it's just not fair how men loose weight so quickly, but us woman have to work 3 times as hard. Tell him to stop working out, you need to catch up! (not that I think you need to loose weight, please don't get me wrong!)
It is amazing how quickly men can lose weight. I especially have a harder time losing weight because of my thyroid problem, but I'd be happy losing ten pounds before the wedding. I mainly want to tone up my arms and back, since I will be wearing a strapless dress.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by shortnsweet7675 View Post
It is amazing how quickly men can lose weight. I especially have a harder time losing weight because of my thyroid problem, but I'd be happy losing ten pounds before the wedding. I mainly want to tone up my arms and back, since I will be wearing a strapless dress.
I'm so sorry t ohear about that,I can sorta feel your pain. I have crohn's disease and had to take steriod's allot of times and everytime I did I would gain 45-55lbs, which was never easy to loose after wards.
Shouldn't be to hard,since your not asking allot of yourself.

KimmyG,
Yes it's exactly what I've decided to do. I will send a mass e-mail out saying i realized people will not know their vacation planns untill after the new year and I will give a new rsvp date, and I will def write to respect the new date!
I'll let you know how that goes.
I feel the same way, about taking the wedding party page off my website as well. Thing is i wouldn't have anyone else to ask lol!
Don't worry though I'm sure your side of the fam is the same as our guest, they will wait closer to the time to book their vacation. When we travel for vacation we never book before 3 weeks of the date we leave, I think allot of people are like that, we will just have to sit back wait, see who will is coming a few weeks before our date.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×