April 2010 Brides

Love the pictures Taylor - looks like everyone had a great time! and I love the cupcakes with the cake!

We FINALLY got all of our Thank Yous done last night - I'd done half of them myself but was kind of lazy about the rest. I have to say DH helped a lot more than I expected - he addressed and stamped more than half of them and mailed them all out for me. Definitely feel better that it's done and out of the way now - and still under the 3 month mark!

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys!!!

Been MIA again!! Missed the thread oh so very much!!! I'm back for good now!! lol

Meghan, thanks for the tip for thepolysporin, It did the trick. Thing is I love that stuff I have no idea why I didn't come up with it myself. All the stitch's finally came out yesterday!!

Thanks to everyone for your wonderful wishes on my speedy recovery.

Nat, Glad things are great with the hubby moving in!!!!

taylorwd

I love the pictures!!! my fav is you guys cutting the cake and your in a 2 piece (priceless!!!) I am so happy you had a great time.

Now it's over and you can move on from wedding!!!

We bought the house, so my mom (as nice as she is) understood if I felt it'd be to much for me, planning the house and helping with the AHR. So I decided not to do it, and put myself under hard core stress. I'm happy with my decision. So no more talk of AHR (woohoo!!!)other then that, it's be real quiet around here. I'm calling it 'the calm before the storm"

Hows everyone does!!! what has everyone been up to since there is no more wedding stuff. Meghan..is the boat your going on for a party?

Ugh we're still just finishing up our thank you's as well sad.gif I did an order online and had to wait nearly two weeks for those to come in and they were awful looking (although hubby couldn't figure out what was wrong with them! oi!) so I had to redo my design so that I could save it in the proper format for a NEW order, which I bought a sample first (add more wait time) and then it was good so I had to put in a whole order (add more wait time AGAIN). So after nearly two months of waiting on orders to come in, I've got most of the envelopes addressed and stamped, plus a few pictures for everyone printed off. Last night I handed hubby the group that I wanted him to do and he says "I have to actually WRITE in these things?! We don't just sign them and that's that??" OMG, I nearly flipped out and couldn't believe that he didn't know better. And then I got in trouble for not giving him the kind of job that he could do - like stuffing pictures in to the envelopes :S Sheesh!

Tracy! I'm glad to hear that you're feeling alright these days and that your stitches are out now :) And I think it was for the best not to have an AHR right now with your surgery and house stuff in full swing. Maybe let your mom plan one for your 1yr anniversary when things aren't quite as chaotic!

Oh and yes the boat (well, barge I guess?!) we'll be out on is for a party. One of my bridesmaids is getting married in about 7 weeks so it's for her stagette that we're going. The boat sleeps about 16 people, has a full kitchen/bathroom, has a hot tub, and slide off the back. So you drive out on the lake and there are a bunch of places that you dock on shore over night and then head out driving and goofing around on the lake during the day time. It is lots of fun but can be a little crazy too so I'm trying not to think about it too much and just be happy for my girlfriend!

• 2 months later...

Hi guys!!!

I know it's been awhile and I am not even sure if you'll see this. But I've miss chatting with all of you!!!! and i really missed planning with you all and waiting to go back to the nice carribbean.

I wanted to know how everyone is doing!!! and how everyones summer was. We bought a house and just moved in a couple of weeks ago... NO MORE APARTMENTS for us!!!!!!!!! we even put a salt water above ground pool to keep us feeling a bit of the ocean lol.

We have to at least try and stay in contact once in awhile, we had all gone through a lot together!!!!

hope everyone is doing well and marriage life is treating everyone great!!!!

hope to hear from you!!!!

Hi Tracy.  I check in every now and then, but haven't seen much from the other 2010 April Brides on the forum except for Michelle.

Congratulations on the new house!  I know it is keeping you busy!

The hubby and I are doing pretty well and adjusting well to living together.  You can send me a friend request on Facebook to keep in touch (Natasha Childs). 

Originally Posted by caribbeanLover View Post

Hi guys!!!

I know it's been awhile and I am not even sure if you'll see this. But I've miss chatting with all of you!!!! and i really missed planning with you all and waiting to go back to the nice carribbean.

I wanted to know how everyone is doing!!! and how everyones summer was. We bought a house and just moved in a couple of weeks ago... NO MORE APARTMENTS for us!!!!!!!!! we even put a salt water above ground pool to keep us feeling a bit of the ocean lol.

We have to at least try and stay in contact once in awhile, we had all gone through a lot together!!!!

hope everyone is doing well and marriage life is treating everyone great!!!!

hope to hear from you!!!!