Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
jk1101

April 2010 Brides

Recommended Posts

Meghan and Jenna- I'm so happy that your bachelorette parties went so well. They both sound like such a good time- good friends, good food, good drinks- you're lucky girls. Meghan, you must be exhausted because that sounds like such a full day.

 

Tracy- sorry to hear that you're suffering this month but happy that you're not having to go to the hospital. Especially with a gastro virus going around. FI caught the norovirus once from work (happens to every nurse every once in a while) and I've never seen anyone so sick- it was brutal!

 

Michelle- that sucks that your basement flooded. Uggh. I feel your pain- we just got our plumber paid off from all the work that needed to be done to our pipes this winter after they froze. Just what you need right before a wedding.

 

So I've got "bridal brain" really badly. It's all I can think about for the past few days. My MOH came over on the weekend to help me try on my dress (I'm paranoid that it won't fit, I don't know why) and ever since then I've been in full on wedding mode. I just got my hair clips in on Friday, and the mug that my MIL sent me got in too so that didn't help! I'll post up some pictures maybe later today when I'm not at work but I love the way my mugs turned out!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Meghan,

Thank you for your kind words!! :)

I am sooo darn happy you had an amazing Bach party, especially after all the stress of your FI party, you def deserved a night out that was all about you.

Sounds like 1 long amazing day!!! Hope you feel rested today lol.

 

Michele,

Thank you too for your kind kind words!! :)

I am sooo sorry about the flood in your basement, it so happen last night I was watching your news, and I saw what was happening, a lot of people have been with out power. You were the first thing in my mind, hoping you weren't being effected by the storm. Do you have power tho?

This is so not the time for extra stress, so sorry you have to go through this sad.gif

 

taraappl,

2 wonderful children! congrats!!! I wouldn't worry toooo much, I am sure you'll be able to find something, is your dress strapless?

Are you going for just 1 week? If so I would normally just bring 2 and was fine with that.

I love your idea for the parents gift!!!! I may steal some sort of idea like that!!

I'm pretty much done all the OOT bags. I just ordered my brochures yesterday WOOHOOO

that was my last item to do for the oot bags.

Now for everything else (like dj list,order GM attire........)

 

Thank you so much Mel,

Oh my,norovirus and gastro is pretty much crohn's disease, so I can really relate to what your FI went through.

I completely forgot he was a nurse, poor guy... I know how hard he works, and the docs get all the credit!!!

And your dress fit right?!?! Don' worry about that!!!! There are plentlyof other thing to worry about I am sure. Your going to look so beautiful in your dress, I know ur FI will be thinking the same the second he sees you.

YEs post pics!!! can't wait to see them.. I know they must look soo good.

Me to,your not alone.. I'm in total bride mode now.. and it wont stop until my luggage is sitting in front of my door! lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i survived my shower this weekend.. thank GOODNESS!! J's family made jokes the whole time i was opening presents so it broke the tension and awkwardness.. very helpful! we got lots of good stuff too.. things that can replace old stuff that we already have, and a few fun things we wouldn't have bought for ourselves.

 

i also had fitting #2 and we decided to add a halter strap. this is a good thing though because the sweetheart neckline was a little low on me and i was self-concious about all the cleveage. it's the type of halter with both ends in the middle of the neckline, so it has a really cool look to it. makes my dress a little unique too! other than that, it fits like a dream! phew!!

 

started passing out OOT bags this weekend and got to see my flowers all finished! not too many things left to do now.. let's get this show on the road! i don't have enough room in my brain to hold in all this stuff anymore!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Erin - I'm happy to hear that you made it through your shower! Hooray! It must've been nice sitting and opening presents all day - we got one or two last week from FI's parents and I was bouncing on the bed about it!

 

And your dress fitting well is even MORE exciting too! I know exactly what you mean by your description adding the halter strap and it's going to look amazing. One of the funny things I noticed at my dress fitting last week was that I've got a sweetheart neckline as well! Seriously I didn't even notice it when I bought the dress LOL!

 

And you can't believe how envious I am that you're not only DONE your OOT bags but already handing them out! That's so amazing! I'm sure your guests have loved them already!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yaaah Erin, I am so glad you had an amazing shower!!! and you got lots of gift. I know how akward it can be opening gifts, especially infront of everyone, so glad they were able to make it easy on you.

 

Like Meghan said, by the sounds of the dress and the new alterations, Sounds beautiful. I especially like the part where i am sure a lot of brides bought the same dress, but yours no one will have!!!

 

Good for you for handing out the OOT bags already!!! I'll start as soon as I get my brochure in the mail.

I couldn't agree more, lets get this show on the road. LOL I feel you.. no more brain space for anything.. I even almost forgot to print a pic of my hairsytle to bring with me. If it's not on the list I wont remember!!!!

So I am very nervous, wondering if I am missing anything on my list!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribbeanLover View Post

Thank you so much Mel,
Oh my,norovirus and gastro is pretty much crohn's disease, so I can really relate to what your FI went through.
I completely forgot he was a nurse, poor guy... I know how hard he works, and the docs get all the credit!!!
And your dress fit right?!?! Don' worry about that!!!! There are plentlyof other thing to worry about I am sure. Your going to look so beautiful in your dress, I know ur FI will be thinking the same the second he sees you.
YEs post pics!!! can't wait to see them.. I know they must look soo good.
Me to,your not alone.. I'm in total bride mode now.. and it wont stop until my luggage is sitting in front of my door! lol.
Awwww... thanks so much for the encouragement! grouphug.gif Yeah- it fit just fine- actually it's a bit loose around the waist which is a good thing. I'll get a final fitting two weeks before the wedding so loose I can handle lol. I was also worried that my shoes were too high for the dress but when I tried them on together it was perfect so my dress wont need to be taken up at all! Just having some pre-wedding nerves, I guess. The good thing is that once I tried everything on I remembered how much I love the dress!

Yep, FI works hard at times. He was in on his first code blue a few weeks ago, strangely enough he's never had one before even though he's been nursing for a few years now. I guess it can get crazy sometimes but he's really well adjusted, he rarely seems to bring work home with him (wish I was more like that).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebredhawk View Post
i survived my shower this weekend.. thank GOODNESS!! J's family made jokes the whole time i was opening presents so it broke the tension and awkwardness.. very helpful! we got lots of good stuff too.. things that can replace old stuff that we already have, and a few fun things we wouldn't have bought for ourselves.

i also had fitting #2 and we decided to add a halter strap. this is a good thing though because the sweetheart neckline was a little low on me and i was self-concious about all the cleveage. it's the type of halter with both ends in the middle of the neckline, so it has a really cool look to it. makes my dress a little unique too! other than that, it fits like a dream! phew!!

started passing out OOT bags this weekend and got to see my flowers all finished! not too many things left to do now.. let's get this show on the road! i don't have enough room in my brain to hold in all this stuff anymore!
I'm glad your shower went well. Sounds like you got some really thoughtful gifts, that's awesome. I know what you mean about adding a halter- I've noticed in some wedding pictures that some girl's dresses seem to migrate down during the day if you know what I mean... this way you won't have to worry about your dress staying put! Congrats on the OOT bags too.. and I agree- I want to get married already, too!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribbeanLover View Post
I'm now thinking about a gift for me parents/ mother
my mother especially since she's been a major help in all of this, if it wasn't for her none of this would be happening.
What should i get them, I want it to me something she/they can use but a memory as well. I am so stumped!!!! I have no problem getting 1 for my mother and 1 for my dad, like I'm saying I just don't know what. Please Please help me!!!
I know a lot of you have great idea's running around up there, share pls! (Can you read my desperation?!)
I had such a hard time deciding what to get my parents. I finally decided to buy a personalized picture frame for my parents with a poem on it Wedding Gifts for Parents. I just got it in the mail on Saturday. Itâ€s very nice. I will be giving the frame to them before the wedding and they will get a wedding picture to put in the frame after the wedding. We ordered something similar for my FIâ€s Mom Father and Mother of the Bride and Groom Wooden Picture Frame. I thought about doing the embroidered hankies, but figured my parents wouldnâ€t really know what to do with those. I think Meghanâ€s idea of a digital picture frame sounds good too.

By the way, I hope you feel better soon.


Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseykitten View Post
Well, i realized last night that I have 2 bathing suits that fit - that isn't going to be enough for a 10 day trip, and I don't think ordering from Victoria's Secret is going to work at this late date, so now I have to shop.
Our basement also flooded over the weekend from the major storms we had...nothing like a little added stress -
I don't know if you saw my post but my friends surprised me with a shower this weekend - it was so nice - a Spa day - FI was a big part of it - he did all the cooking and was the "suprise" caterer! i was so shocked! No pictures yet but soon~
I feel like I'm in total panic mode too Tracy - There just isn't enough time in the day!
I think you should get your bathing suits in time from VS if you use the express shipping option.

So sorry to hear about your basement flooding. Did you have any of your wedding stuff down there?

The spa day sounded great. You mustâ€ve felt really good about that.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Melidell View Post
So I've got "bridal brain" really badly. It's all I can think about for the past few days. My MOH came over on the weekend to help me try on my dress (I'm paranoid that it won't fit, I don't know why) and ever since then I've been in full on wedding mode. I just got my hair clips in on Friday, and the mug that my MIL sent me got in too so that didn't help! I'll post up some pictures maybe later today when I'm not at work but I love the way my mugs turned out!
“Bridal Brainâ€â€¦ Is that what itâ€s called?? I totally have that condition. FI even told me I was having a Bridezilla moment this weekend. We were working on the wedding favors and OOT bags. I assigned him the task of cutting off the extra edges of the bag tags. Well, he said I kept fussing at him for not doing it right. He also said I kept fussing at him all weekend for not moving fast enough when I would ask him to do something. Lol…

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Erin,

You started passing out your OOT bags? What a FANTASTIC idea!!!! OMG! I want to do that! How much easier will that make my lifehuh.gif?? You are so brilliant! Are you telling them to bring everything with them?

 

Natasha - no nothing wedding in the basement - mostly books and tools, and my kitties hang out down there - they were a little stressed but they are ok. the sun is finally out today but the rivers are just cresting in some areas and tons of floods. New Jersey has been declared a diaaster area. My friend who's home my shower was in just got her power back. I have pictures on my facebook page - Michele Bailin - you can request me to be a friend : )

 

i got one swim suit at Marshalls yesterday - $15 for the whole thing. i'm going to go to the mall, which is 5 minutes from my house this week for more. i just keep spending and spending - so glad i got this new job!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×