Photo

RIU Ocho Rios Tranfers?

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#11 Mello78

Mello78
  • 77 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 12:33 PM

After reading a few posts, I was getting worried about the transfer but my TA assured me that is was included in our AI package. We were also worried about not having any a/c for the long ride to the resort...thanks for the information!!

#12 Marie

Marie
    • 138 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 10:25 AM

We'll need transportation between resorts--looks like we are honeymooning the 2nd week elsewhere-Im waiting on a quote from Lee's tours-kinda nervous what it may be...we need to get from ROR to Negril....be awesome if there were other people leaving the resort heading that way on the same day as us.......Im sure the rate would decrease....

#13 kdnicholer21

kdnicholer21
      • Banned
      • 51 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 11:40 AM

The ride is not bad at all it will fly by and have you ever been to ocho rios before? If not you will notice they do not drive like we do. They drive fast and they cross lanes meaning if anyone is going too fast they cross to on comming trafic to get around them. Everyone there does that. If your TA booked you transfers you will need some type of form to take to them when you get to the airport. Also if something goes wrong and you need a cab, look for the cab plates!

#14 ~Debra~

~Debra~
        • 500 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 01:48 PM

I also want to add something....not sure if this is true for every tour operator but the company that did our transfers was Jamaica Tours, booked by our TA and while they say the buses have a/c it wasn't the a/c that we were accustomed to because everyone on our bus was burning up during that ride to ROR. It was the kind of a/c that keeps you cool during the first 15 mins and then kinda wears off. Just a heads up. Again, this may not be on every bus but this was definitely the case on ours.

#15 Sloan

Sloan
          • 1,279 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 02:36 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by ~Debra~
            I also want to add something....not sure if this is true for every tour operator but the company that did our transfers was Jamaica Tours, booked by our TA and while they say the buses have a/c it wasn't the a/c that we were accustomed to because everyone on our bus was burning up during that ride to ROR. It was the kind of a/c that keeps you cool during the first 15 mins and then kinda wears off. Just a heads up. Again, this may not be on every bus but this was definitely the case on ours.
            That sucks. Our bus was freezing. I wore my jacket the entire bus ride!

#16 ~Debra~

~Debra~
            • 500 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 07:01 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Sloan
              That sucks. Our bus was freezing. I wore my jacket the entire bus ride!

OMG I'm so jealous! LOL I would've loved to be in your situation!

#17 ajlbuaxo

ajlbuaxo
              • 175 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 01:28 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Lizz
                My TA booked transfers for us as part of our package b/c the RIU doesn't provide them.
                Thanks for this information, i am definitely going to relay this to my TA to do for everyone!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users