I had a Jessners peel done...glowing!!!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 michelle6114

michelle6114
  • 209 posts

Posted 31 May 2009 - 09:56 AM

Oh my god I am so happy I did this!!!
    I was going to have Fraxel laser resurfacing done....for $3000!!!! Then I posted on this board, read the replies....and cancelled it. I decided to look into peels instead. On Thursday I had a Jessners peel done for $90.00 and I am SHOCKED at the results. I cannot say enough great things about this procedure. My usual, acne scarred skin with the enormous pores (can you tell I hate my face?) is now soft and as smooth as a baby's butt. And this is only after one treatment. I am going to have 2 more done before the wedding....but....all I can say is WOW.
    And on the plus side, I am now $2900 richer!

#2 soon2bePowers

soon2bePowers
    • 382 posts

Posted 31 May 2009 - 10:05 AM

That is awesome! Congrats, the best new is that it worked and gave you results your happy with. The second best news is that you saved so much $$$!

#3 jetsbride

jetsbride
      • 794 posts

Posted 31 May 2009 - 10:05 AM

Wow, thats awesome that this worked so well for you!!
        I am trying to decide because there is so many different peels that you can get which would be best for me. How did you make your final decision I have been reading all the postings on this site about treatments to repair acne scars but there is so many to choose from!!

#4 michelle6114

michelle6114
        • 209 posts

Posted 31 May 2009 - 10:21 AM

Jessners is a medium depth peel. I think the one that is the strongest is a TCA, which runs close to $1000 and I'm told is similar to laser resurfacing. There are lots of sites about chemical peels, and the jessner seemed to be the one that would help me best. I was pretty scary looking yesterday and the day before but now that the top layer has peeled off (eww, I know) I can definitely see the difference. My main goal is to feel comfortable NOT wearing makeup. I am definitely happy now but can imagine how thrilled I'll be after a couple more of these.
          Oh, just FYI the plastic surgeon said stay away from do-it-yourself kits. People have literally burned holes in their faces with those.

#5 jetsbride

jetsbride
          • 794 posts

Posted 31 May 2009 - 06:32 PM

Good to know, Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users