Photo

Looking for a good site off the resort to get married? Suggestions?

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 nicole8

nicole8
  • 83 posts

Posted 30 May 2009 - 02:34 PM

Hi, Ive seen some video of some of the weddings at the resort we are going to in Negril and am not satisfied with the location. I was just wondering if anyone had any suggestions of alternative options, costs, and if you have any pictures please post. Thanks.

#2 jamaica2010ms

jamaica2010ms
    • 46 posts

Posted 31 May 2009 - 03:28 PM

What is the resort you were not happy with?

#3 nicole8

nicole8
      • 83 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 05:25 AM

Well in the video it just seemed that there was quite a few people walking in behind and I didn't really like how they had it decorated which I know can be changed but felt that maybe there was something better if I could find something off site.

#4 tam27

tam27
        • 15 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 08:09 AM

Hey

my family are staying at Riu Tropical bay but i also wanted to get married off resort.

We are getting married at Negril Escape on the cliff top, it looks amazing, check it out, they do wedding packages which I think is very reasonable, I am having a steel band, a reggae band, fire dancers etc

hope this helps

#5 LadyD

LadyD
          • 108 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 08:02 PM

I'm looking for an off the resort as well. Here are some that I have looked into:

Bellefield Great House
            Cranbrook Flower Forest

and I'm in love with the Tryall Club in Montego Bay.
            Enjoyed a FANTASIC wedding in Mobay with 95 of our closest friends and family!!

#6 sasha

sasha
            • 42 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 11:01 AM

Well i can tell you Cranbrook Flower forrest is nice but full of mosquitos, it is natural but i believe that it does not have many places to take photos. I visited there in May. I notice you are getting married in Montego Bay so there is a bit far from Montego Bay. You can check with local planners to see other choices.

#7 LadyD

LadyD
              • 108 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 12:42 PM

Thanks for the tip. I heard back from two planners today. So I will have a better idea.

Thanks
                Enjoyed a FANTASIC wedding in Mobay with 95 of our closest friends and family!!

#8 sasha

sasha
                • 42 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 10:11 PM

Which planner are you using. i would suggest you use one that operates from within montego bay. good luck if you need any help let me know

#9 BestBride09

BestBride09
                  • 4 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 09:57 PM

Hello to all you brides on the furom. I am using an offsite planner in Montego Bay, Chic-Events. They do great work, well organized and all the do just about everything. Can't wait for my big day.

#10 jamaicagrrl

jamaicagrrl
                    • 6 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 12:18 AM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by LadyD
                      I'm looking for an off the resort as well. Here are some that I have looked into:

Bellefield Great House
                      Cranbrook Flower Forest

and I'm in love with the Tryall Club in Montego Bay.
                      What did you think about Bellefield? I'm going down to Jamaica in November to check out wedding venues and that is top on my list.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users