Photo

are you doing pre-marital counseling

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#31 schmizer

schmizer
  • 213 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 04:05 AM

My FI is very private and I know that he would be against it, but I think it would be very helpful for us.  Recently, I got the "100 questions to ask before you get married book" and we have been discussing it in bed at night.  A question or two a night.

I think that is the closest thing I am going to get to counseling.  The book has opened up alot of topics we haven't discussed before and is helping my FI talk about his feelings more. (He is the analytical one and I am the emotional one;)

#32 Ginger1961

Ginger1961
    • Banned
    • 253 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 05:29 PM

We won't be.  I think being an older couple, we have a tendancy to ask the 100 questions anyway.  Also we've been living together for four years.  Nothing unexpected.

"He's my Lobster"

#33 LisaMatterni

LisaMatterni
      • 718 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 12:08 AM

We too don't have this premarital counseling. Like what other said here, we just discuss and settle important things about things to be dealt with when we have our own family. 

#34 mrsgreene2011

mrsgreene2011
        • 307 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 08:44 AM

We are doing it. I'm excited, but feel like we are a little late for it. We have been together 6 years and have a 1 year old; but it was always a personal requirement no matter who I married. I hope it goes, well. We start our first session in January. My fiance is completely open to it; I just hope we don't go in there and discover our relationship isn't as healthy as we think it is, lol.

#35 bmadzia1

bmadzia1
          • 355 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 09:06 AM

Nope.. no cauncelling here.. we lived together for two long, and we know we can deal with whatever comes our way.... Not to take sides here, but I'm in the same boat as your FI... Don't need to talk to a stranger about a problem that doesn't exist.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users