Jump to content

Photo

Dreams Palm Beach?


  • Please log in to reply
789 replies to this topic

#61 PynkLemonade

PynkLemonade
  • Jr. Member
  • 350 posts

    Posted 29 June 2009 - 07:51 PM

    Hey Ladies! I am new to the forum and also planning a wedding in DR for August 2010 and I am trying to decide in Dream Palm Beach would be the ideal location for me and my hubby. We are only expecting between 30-40 guests (hopefully) as we are trying to have a small chic inspired ceremony. Also, does anyone know much about hurricane season in DR?

    Thank you so much in advance.

    Congrats to all the ladies getting married in DR :)

    #62 Chelymo

    Chelymo
    • Jr. Member
    • 327 posts

      Posted 01 July 2009 - 01:51 AM

      Ladies -

      Trying to decide between resorts - I'm expecting to have approx. 45 guests at our wedding and the packages that Dreams has are for max 20 guests. Does anyone know what the per person charge is for the additional guests?
      http://i45.photobuck....ng/img-180.jpg
      Aracelis & DarrinMay 1st, 2010Dreams Palm Beach, Punta Cana

      #63 PynkLemonade

      PynkLemonade
      • Jr. Member
      • 350 posts

        Posted 01 July 2009 - 08:41 AM

        Hey Chelymo:

        I have attached the Menu Options for 2009 from Dreams, it has the additional price per person listed under each option. Hope this helps!

        Pynklemonade

         

         

        Attached Files



        #64 Chelymo

        Chelymo
        • Jr. Member
        • 327 posts

          Posted 07 July 2009 - 11:31 PM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by PynkLemonade
          Hey Chelymo:

          I have attached the Menu Options for 2009 from Dreams, it has the additional price per person listed under each option. Hope this helps!

          Pynklemonade
          Pynklemonade:

          I can't seem to download the file you posted. Do you know how to go about that.

          Thanks,
          Chelymo
          http://i45.photobuck....ng/img-180.jpg
          Aracelis & DarrinMay 1st, 2010Dreams Palm Beach, Punta Cana

          #65 PynkLemonade

          PynkLemonade
          • Jr. Member
          • 350 posts

            Posted 09 July 2009 - 06:34 PM

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Chelymo
            Pynklemonade:

            I can't seem to download the file you posted. Do you know how to go about that.

            Thanks,
            Chelymo
            Hey Chelymo,

            Whats your email address? I will send it to you that way too. But you should be able to double click on the file and it will prompt you to open or save the file, hit open and then it should pop up in adobe since it is a pdf file.

            #66 erinsny24

            erinsny24
            • Newbie
            • 109 posts

              Posted 20 July 2009 - 04:54 PM

              Does anyone know if you are allowed to bring your own photographer?

              #67 Lindsay521

              Lindsay521
              • Newbie
              • 91 posts

                Posted 21 July 2009 - 08:52 AM

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by erinsny24
                Does anyone know if you are allowed to bring your own photographer?
                Erin,
                Most hotels let you bring your own photographer and just ask that you pay a vendor day pass fee if they are not guests at the hotel.
                I assume you are asking this question because you liked Michael's photos !!!
                Using myself as an example, Michael is not staying at my hotel and the PPR just requires that I pay $120 for him to be on site for the day to shoot the wedding. Most of the hotels require this same sort of fee.
                I hope you get your questions answered and let me know when you make a decision!!
                Lindsay and Seth
                March 28, 2010 - Paradisus Palma Real, Punta Cana

                #68 erinsny24

                erinsny24
                • Newbie
                • 109 posts

                  Posted 21 July 2009 - 12:46 PM

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Lindsay521
                  Erin,
                  Most hotels let you bring your own photographer and just ask that you pay a vendor day pass fee if they are not guests at the hotel.
                  I assume you are asking this question because you liked Michael's photos !!!
                  Using myself as an example, Michael is not staying at my hotel and the PPR just requires that I pay $120 for him to be on site for the day to shoot the wedding. Most of the hotels require this same sort of fee.
                  I hope you get your questions answered and let me know when you make a decision!!
                  HA!! Pat and I are weighing the options and I sent Michael an email to get more details before we decide on anything. I am waiting for a response from the wedding coordinator. I know I saw that if you bring a photographer at the Melia, then there is some crazy copyright fee. I just want to double check.

                  #69 moo99

                  moo99
                  • Newbie
                  • 1 posts

                    Posted 22 July 2009 - 02:27 PM

                    Hi Taratoons,

                    can you email me some photos fo Dreams Plam Beach

                    moo99@hotmail.com

                    #70 Michelle_wht

                    Michelle_wht
                    • Newbie
                    • 7 posts

                      Posted 24 July 2009 - 12:08 PM

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Princess402
                      She sent me the 2009 pricing for "extras" which includes photography. I have no idea who they use though. I'm either going with Photosouvenir or bringing a photographer with me I think.

                      I am in the same boat of expecting about 40-60 people. What I've noticed is that many resorts almost seem to penalize you for having so many people at your wedding which I think is ridiculous. I know you have to pay extra for your private event, but you'd think you should be rewarded some how for bringing them so much business. In any case, that's one thing I don't like about the Melia, which is the other resort I am considering, is that while it is so beautiful and perfect for us in many respects, it seems like for a group our size the wedding will be quite pricey, especially compared to Dreams.
                      Hi Princess, Can you please email me the wedding package with extra's for Dreams? The wedding planner did not get back me and I cant open the attachment in your post. My email is michelle_wht@hotmail.com

                      Thanks so much!




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users