Sign in to follow this  
taratoons

Dreams Palm Beach?

Hey Ladies! I am new to the forum and also planning a wedding in DR for August 2010 and I am trying to decide in Dream Palm Beach would be the ideal location for me and my hubby. We are only expecting between 30-40 guests (hopefully) as we are trying to have a small chic inspired ceremony. Also, does anyone know much about hurricane season in DR?

Thank you so much in advance.

Congrats to all the ladies getting married in DR :)

Ladies -

Trying to decide between resorts - I'm expecting to have approx. 45 guests at our wedding and the packages that Dreams has are for max 20 guests. Does anyone know what the per person charge is for the additional guests?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PynkLemonade View Post
Hey Chelymo:

I have attached the Menu Options for 2009 from Dreams, it has the additional price per person listed under each option. Hope this helps!

Pynklemonade
Pynklemonade:

I can't seem to download the file you posted. Do you know how to go about that.

Thanks,
Chelymo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelymo View Post
Pynklemonade:

I can't seem to download the file you posted. Do you know how to go about that.

Thanks,
Chelymo
Hey Chelymo,

Whats your email address? I will send it to you that way too. But you should be able to double click on the file and it will prompt you to open or save the file, hit open and then it should pop up in adobe since it is a pdf file.

Quote:
Originally Posted by erinsny24 View Post
Does anyone know if you are allowed to bring your own photographer?
Erin,
Most hotels let you bring your own photographer and just ask that you pay a vendor day pass fee if they are not guests at the hotel.
I assume you are asking this question because you liked Michael's photos wink.gif !!!
Using myself as an example, Michael is not staying at my hotel and the PPR just requires that I pay $120 for him to be on site for the day to shoot the wedding. Most of the hotels require this same sort of fee.
I hope you get your questions answered and let me know when you make a decision!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsay521 View Post
Erin,
Most hotels let you bring your own photographer and just ask that you pay a vendor day pass fee if they are not guests at the hotel.
I assume you are asking this question because you liked Michael's photos wink.gif !!!
Using myself as an example, Michael is not staying at my hotel and the PPR just requires that I pay $120 for him to be on site for the day to shoot the wedding. Most of the hotels require this same sort of fee.
I hope you get your questions answered and let me know when you make a decision!!
HA!! Pat and I are weighing the options and I sent Michael an email to get more details before we decide on anything. I am waiting for a response from the wedding coordinator. I know I saw that if you bring a photographer at the Melia, then there is some crazy copyright fee. I just want to double check.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess402 View Post
She sent me the 2009 pricing for "extras" which includes photography. I have no idea who they use though. I'm either going with Photosouvenir or bringing a photographer with me I think.

I am in the same boat of expecting about 40-60 people. What I've noticed is that many resorts almost seem to penalize you for having so many people at your wedding which I think is ridiculous. I know you have to pay extra for your private event, but you'd think you should be rewarded some how for bringing them so much business. In any case, that's one thing I don't like about the Melia, which is the other resort I am considering, is that while it is so beautiful and perfect for us in many respects, it seems like for a group our size the wedding will be quite pricey, especially compared to Dreams.
Hi Princess, Can you please email me the wedding package with extra's for Dreams? The wedding planner did not get back me and I cant open the attachment in your post. My email is michelle_wht@hotmail.com

Thanks so much!