Photo

San Diego this weekend

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 meli122

meli122
  • 269 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 10:18 PM

I just wanted some advice of where to go out in San Diego and good places to eat. We are staying until Wednesday for a "conference", lol. We are staying in the downtown area. I've been to SD once a few years back and I loved it. I may not leave this time.

#2 Yari

Yari
    • VIP Member
    • 10,928 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 11:38 PM

I'm going this weekend with my husband for a conference too. Well we leave on Monday and get back on Thursday. Small world!

#3 Jess

Jess
      • 4,455 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 12:37 AM

you gals will have fun!!

food downtown:

The Strip Club - steakhouse where you can cook your own meat - really neat and not too pricey

Quarter Kitchen - pricier but good food

Grab & Go Subs - good sandwiches

Extraordinary Deserts - amazing deserts and I mean AMAZING!! Go to the Hillcrest location, I like it better

going out/clubs/bars:

The Ivy (hotel) - they have a nice rooftop bar and a pretty popular club downstairs

Whiskey Girl - fun dancing spot (usually only on the weekends though)

Hard Rock Hotel - they have a fun club downstairs - can't remember the name

The Shout House - dualing piano bar - this place is a lot of fun!

Fumari - low key hookah bar if you like that kind of thing

Anyway - if you let me know specifics of what you are looking for I can definitely lead you in the right direction as I was born and raised in SD. What hotel are you staying at?

#4 Jess

Jess
        • 4,455 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 12:42 AM

oh if you are looking for inexpensive clothes (Forever 21 style) - go to Pink Zone on 5th...they have cute cotten dresses and such (usually)

#5 meli122

meli122
          • 269 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 02:54 PM

Is your hubby in the medical field
            I'm going this weekend with my husband for a conference too. Well we leave on Monday and get back on Thursday. Small world!

#6 meli122

meli122
            • 269 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 03:00 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Yari
              Is your hubby in the medical field?

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Jess
              you gals will have fun!!

food downtown:

The Strip Club - steakhouse where you can cook your own meat - really neat and not too pricey

Quarter Kitchen - pricier but good food

Grab & Go Subs - good sandwiches

Extraordinary Deserts - amazing deserts and I mean AMAZING!! Go to the Hillcrest location, I like it better

going out/clubs/bars:

The Ivy (hotel) - they have a nice rooftop bar and a pretty popular club downstairs

Whiskey Girl - fun dancing spot (usually only on the weekends though)

Hard Rock Hotel - they have a fun club downstairs - can't remember the name

The Shout House - dualing piano bar - this place is a lot of fun!

Fumari - low key hookah bar if you like that kind of thing

Anyway - if you let me know specifics of what you are looking for I can definitely lead you in the right direction as I was born and raised in SD. What hotel are you staying at?
              That sounds great! I think we are staying at the Omni (close to the convention center).

Woohoo!

#7 Jess

Jess
              • 4,455 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 03:48 PM

oh nice! are you going to a padres game? it is connected to the stadium

#8 autjo

autjo
                • 2,182 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 04:50 PM

We are going to San Diego for FI's birthday next weekend. Any suggestions on fun restaurants in La Jolla? Thanks a million!!!

#9 Yari

Yari
                  • VIP Member
                  • 10,928 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 11:31 PM

He is a Chemist...

#10 KimmyG

KimmyG
                    • 520 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 12:10 AM

I went to a conference there last year! When we had some free time we took a cab to Hotel del Coronado.... beautiful free beach behind the hotel! The hotel itself is beautiful too, just to walk around.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users