Photo

Price for the Steel Band

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 blurt

blurt
  • 105 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 01:44 PM

Hi Really sorry if this has been asked before, but I couldn't find any threads with the price of the steel band and how long they play for. Could someone please help. I am trying to work out how much money to take with us.

#2 jules_dec2009

jules_dec2009
    • 8 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 03:03 PM

Hi there,

I'm paying $350 US per hour for a Steel Drum Band at the Iberostar Rose Hall. I think the rates vary by resort. I would suggest e-mailing the co-ordinator where you are planning on getting married and asking them so you know for sure.

#3 drbrainfreeze

drbrainfreeze
      • 813 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 03:10 PM

I paid $350 for 1 hour at my ceremony at the ROR. Apparantly they were very good ;-)
        I only heard a little bit but they came and entertained our guests, then played for the processional and recessional, during our sand ceremony, and a little bit after the wedding.

#4 Trice

Trice
        • 295 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 05:45 PM

$350 must be the going rate. We paid $350.00 an hour. We had them 2 hours for the ceremony and the cocktail hour right after. I loved them.

#5 Marnie&Peter

Marnie&Peter
          • 302 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 07:42 PM

We werent going to get the steel band but we just decided to go with it! They were awesome! It is definately something that your guests remember!!! We paid 350. and they did play for the full hour. Our wedding was at 4 and they started about 3:45 for the guests to hear...then as we walked up, during the sand ceremony, while we walked down and then for our first dance and father daughter dance...then while we drank our rum punch and got pictures done they still played.

#6 jennifer24

jennifer24
            • 50 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 08:10 AM

We also hired the Steel Drum Band for an hour for $350. I definately would recommend it. They were awesome and provided a very tropical atmosphere. They played for a full hour.

#7 nscaper

nscaper
              • 119 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 09:55 AM

I also had the steel drum band. At ROR: $350 for one hour. The guests loved it. I did too, but I was so wrapped up in everything I didn't hear them until after the ceremony :) THey were good then. I found in between songs their breaks were long-ish and I wished they would have played straight through.
                But no regrets. Get them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users