Lantern color

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 -Kate-

-Kate-
  • VIP Member
  • 7,676 posts

Posted 24 May 2007 - 10:57 PM

Do you think I should have all white lanterns hanging over the reception at Dreams - or red and white alternating?

Part of me thinks the red and white might make it look too much like a picnic.

#2 Nrvsbride

Nrvsbride
    • 5,248 posts

Posted 24 May 2007 - 10:58 PM

I say do all white. You want a nice elegant touch to your beach wedding. The red may give it that red light district look or a picnicky look. I think the white lights along with the red and turqoise decor of your wedding will look beautiful.

#3 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 24,768 posts

Posted 24 May 2007 - 10:59 PM

i agree - i'd go all white. with the red, you're just a little blue away from a 4th of july picnic! but then again, i am just not a red fan in general!

#4 -Kate-

-Kate-
        • VIP Member
        • 7,676 posts

Posted 24 May 2007 - 11:01 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by akh
          i agree - i'd go all white. with the red, you're just a little blue away from a 4th of july picnic! but then again, i am just not a red fan in general!
          I totally have a 4th of July phobia about my wedding because of the colors.
          ALL WHITE IT IS!

#5 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 24,768 posts

Posted 24 May 2007 - 11:05 PM

oh crap - open mouth, insert foot! i LOVE the turquoise. i love turquoise with anything! i think that combo doesn't even come close to 4th of july - you have nothing to worry about there at all. like if you had red, white, and turquoise - it would look great. like i said - the color red and i haven't got along for years now. i wore a red shirt for school pictures one year (in elementary school!), and someone said red isn't my color. ever since then, i've avoided it!

anyway - honestly, i am sure it would look fun and festive regardless. but i generally think simple is better.

#6 -Kate-

-Kate-
            • VIP Member
            • 7,676 posts

Posted 24 May 2007 - 11:10 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by akh
              oh crap - open mouth, insert foot! i LOVE the turquoise. i love turquoise with anything! i think that combo doesn't even come close to 4th of july - you have nothing to worry about there at all. like if you had red, white, and turquoise - it would look great. like i said - the color red and i haven't got along for years now. i wore a red shirt for school pictures one year (in elementary school!), and someone said red isn't my color. ever since then, i've avoided it!

anyway - honestly, i am sure it would look fun and festive regardless. but i generally think simple is better.
              Oh no!!! It's totally not what you said. I have had this phobia from the second I picked my colors. It's irrational - but I'm a bride, that's how we are!

#7 jajajaja

jajajaja
              • VIP Member
              • 9,794 posts

Posted 26 May 2007 - 01:29 PM

Plus no one will be thinking about the 4th of july in december so I think you are safe. If you were getting married in the summer months, I'd be worried...but I think your in the clear. Red, white, and turquoise will be beautiful.

As for the lanterns, I like the idea of all white with the rest of your decor to pop your colors of red and turquoise.
                Happily married since 2008

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users