Recommendation for Kauai Beach locations Please

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 sugaredviolets

• 59 posts

Posted 09 May 2009 - 04:20 PM

Hi! Can anyone give me a recommendation for beach locations on the North Shore? I'm thinking we will have the ceremony on Tunnels beach, but wondering what others liked. It is a 'just us two' wedding, so there won't be any set up.

#2 stefnicole

• 544 posts

Posted 10 May 2009 - 11:08 AM

Are you looking for a secluded beach? I.E. where you may need to walk 10-15 minutes to get there?

#3 sugaredviolets

• 59 posts

Posted 10 May 2009 - 04:48 PM

I'm not opposed to walking there. Any and all suggestion would be great.

#4 FutureMrsSharpe

• 73 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 11:15 AM

I was just watching Good Morning America and they said that Hanalei Bay Beach on the North Shore is number one on the "Best Beaches in the Nation" list. You might want to check it out. The pictures that I saw were beautiful!

#5 prettymaylea

• Banned
          • 17 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 05:02 AM

Tunnels beach is a good location for an intimate wedding. Parking is limited so it's best for small groups. Here is a link to a wedding on Tunnels Beach. Remember you'll need a permit from the State to get married on the beach.

#6 JayBee

• 238 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 06:23 PM

I loved Anini Beach on the north shore. It was my first choice for a beach ceremony, if it had just been the two of us. It's a long, white sand beach, it's really quiet because a barrier reef prevents waves from crashing on shore. It's really easy to find a quiet spot on that beach because it goes on forever.

We're getting married near Moloaa Bay, and I looooooove it! You get a little of everything- waves, rocks, sand and trees, and it's practically empty!

I would talk to a wedding coordinator out there because the north shore beaches are much different in the winter than in the summer. If you're getting married in April, maybe some place on the south shore would be better? I haven't spent much time in sunny Poipu, but the weather may be better for a Spring wedding.

#7 Sycamore Tree

Sycamore Tree
              • 106 posts

Posted 25 July 2009 - 08:07 AM

My favorite beach is Secret's Beach. I also like Hanalei Bay Beach. I am going to Kauai for a wedding on August 18th. The couple is getting married at the Hyatt in Poipu.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users