Photo

Tensing Pen Brides - any info you can share??

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 pbj22

pbj22
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 11:22 PM

Hello! My FI and I would love to get married at Tensing Pen and we've found an available date, but we can't get Sonia to answer our phone calls or emails.

We want to go ahead and make our reservations soon, but we'd really like to see some information about wedding costs, packages, hidden fees, etc., before we do.

Does anyone have information about weddings at Tensing Pen? Either something you received from TP/Sonia or your own thoughts, advice, or reflections? Anything you can provide would be much appreciated!

Thanks so much!

#2 Alyssa

Alyssa
    • 11,793 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 11:41 PM

Please re-read the FAQ (see red link below in signature) to learn how to use the forum before posting anything else.

Also, if you search the Jamaica forum - you will find tons of threads on Tensing Pen.

Thanks,
      Alyssa

#3 pbj22

pbj22
      • 6 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 12:36 AM

Thanks so much for your help and sorry to start off on the wrong foot. I am (obviously) new to this and still trying to figure things out.

I've searched the forums but haven't found any recent price-related info on TP... but I believe it must be in there somewhere, so I'll keep looking...

Thanks again -- this forum is very helpful!

#4 Alyssa

Alyssa
        • 11,793 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 12:41 AM

no problem! just read the FAQ anywhere there are so many little things it will help with!

i found some threads for you - i found a lot more searching "tensing" than the 2 words together...

http://bestdestinati....hlight=tensing

#5 pbj22

pbj22
          • 6 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 03:47 PM

Okay, so I've searched and searched and I still can't find any pricing information on the forum... I don't want to abuse this threat, but I'm sure that with the wealth of knowledge on these boards, someone out there must be able to help!

Does anyone out there have lunch or dinner menus from the Tensing Pen restaurant?

Any information about how much their "cocktail hour" costs (both food and drinks - I'm assuming the prices on the website are no longer accurate since most other info there has changed)?

Any information about the vendors Tensing Pen recommends for music and how much those cost? (Bands, musicians, DJs... anything would be helpful!)

We're still trying to get information from the resort but not having any luck getting a response... if anyone out there knows anything, we would be GRATEFUL for your help!

Thanks so much!

#6 beyondsmitten

beyondsmitten
            • Banned
            • 75 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 05:53 PM

Um, The moderators sure are snarky! Don't feel too bad, it seems that she responds to everyone like that. I got one of those too.

These are drink menus that the coordinator suggested. The prices are of course, subject to change. You can name the drinks anything you want. We chose names that suited our group and theme.

COOL & DEADLY

White, gold, & dark rum
              Peach nuts
              Orange, cranberry and lime juice cost $ 6.00

ROCK STEADY

Gold, dark and white rum
              Apricot
              Lime & Pineapple juice cost $ 6.00

OCEAN COOLER

Cranberry, pineapple, orange & lime juice cost $ 4.00

TENSING PEN PUNCH

Pineapple, lime grenadine and 7up cost $ 4.00

#7 beyondsmitten

beyondsmitten
              • Banned
              • 75 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 05:55 PM

Tensing Pen Wedding Menus 1, 2 and 3

Wedding Dinner 1

Appetizer
                Caribbean shrimp cocktail spiked with local hot pepper and brandy

Salad
                Charred / pineapple / mint mixed garden greens / cherry tomatoes / toasted nuts citrus vinaigrette

ENTREES

Blue cheese crusted beef tenderloin / red wine peppercorn glaze

Or
                Blackened sliver snapper / with lintel papaya salsa

All Entrees are served with sour parsley whipped potatoes / Island pak-choy

Menu price us $45 per person

A 10% Service Charge and 8.25% General Consumption Tax will be added to your bill
                Wedding Dinner 2

Appetizer
                Lemongrass saut©ed shrimps on red onion
                And cho-cho salsa

Soup
                Cream of pumpkin with jerk chicken crouton

ENTREES

Jerk lobster tail with garlic herb butter (Seasonal). Or
                Honey- peppered painted shrimp / pineapple kebab/ beurre - Blanc

Or
                Marinated Rack of Lamb / oven roasted vegetables

Entrees are served with yam souffl© / crunchy saut©ed leeks

Menu price us $50 per person

ENJOY YOUR DINING AT THE LODGE

A 10% Service Charge and 8.25% General Consumption Tax will be added to your bill
                Wedding Dinner menu 3

Appetizer
                Saffron risotto with slivers of chicken on truffle glaze

Salad
                Fire roasted peppers / bacon / plantain / mixed seasoned garden greens

ENTREES

From the roost
                Thai Style Chicken with Basil Coconut Pimento Sauce
                Or
                From the Sea
                Nut crusted grouper / cho-cho ceviche

Entrees are served with pumpkin polenta / wilted local greens

Menu price us $40 per person

ENJOY YOUR DINING AT THE LODGE

#8 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
                • 26,161 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 06:57 PM

No, no, no. Smitten, I'd encourage you to click on my siggy to study up on forum etiquette. Here is an excerpt worth noting:

There is little to no tolerance for poor attitudes or snide remarks directed at BDW administration. Again, this is a free forum and as such, members are free to leave on their own at any time if they do not agree with forum policies and procedures.

Your remark was snide and directed at BDW administration. You too are free to leave at any time, there is no need to be ugly. Please do not go there again.

#9 Christine

Christine
                  • VIP Member
                  • 21,514 posts
                  • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
                  • Wedding Location:Napa, California
                  • LocationReno, NV

Posted 28 May 2009 - 08:21 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by beyondsmitten
                  Um, The moderators sure are snarky! Don't feel too bad, it seems that she responds to everyone like that. I got one of those too.
                  we are not snarky, simply volunteers who run this forum so you can plan your wedding without having to re-create the wheel and then no one else does either. We all planned our weddings here and most of the mods were the first brides who got married at their locations which means we did A TON of ground work and its increasingly difficult to manage a forum when people start multiple threads on the same subject. There is just a handful of us (who all have full time jobs, husbands and children) and thousands of brides, grooms, vendors, etc.

Beyondsmitten, please consider this your warning, if you feel the need to disregard the rules or speak poorly about a moderator or any other member on this forum you will be banned.
                  Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#10 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
                  • 11,659 posts
                  • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 28 May 2009 - 08:32 PM

beyondsmitten, i have a NO-TOLERANCE policy on any attitude to the mods so you you have been banned.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
                  Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
                  Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
                  Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
                  sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
                  Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users