Photo

What size Food Processor should we register for?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
  • VIP Member
  • 4,791 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 06:14 PM

Hi ladies,

We already registered for a small 3 cup food processor. Now we're trying to decide which of the bigger sizes to get ~ 7 cup or 12 cup?

Or do we even need to register for one bigger than a 3 cup?

What do you use the most?

It will mostly be just for the 2 of us, though occasionally I'm sure I'll make larger things for dinner parties...

TIA! :)

~ Jaime & Martin ~
    "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We had 24 people attend our wedding in Las Caletas, Mexico on May 24th, 2009!

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

#2 Vikki

Vikki
    • 807 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 06:30 PM

Depends on how much time you spend in the kitchen. If it's just the two of you most of the time I'd stick with the little one. Down the road when your family grows (if you go that route) it might make sense to upgrade.

If you love cooking and spend a lot of time in the kitchen with adventurous foods then I would go all out girl! My FI is the cook in our house and he makes all sorts of things just to try them out. He would love it if we got a larger one.

Also-would you stay registered for both and if so do you really want two appliances that do the same thing? Sounds like something might just end up collecting dust. Hope that helps!

#3 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
      • VIP Member
      • 4,791 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 06:34 PM

Vikki - by the small one are you referring to the 3 cup (already registered for) or the 7 cup? The 3 cup seems super convenient for little salads and whatnot. We don't spend a ton of time in the kitchen, but are starting to get more interested in it...

K, so maybe I should try to decide between the 3 and 7 cup now! Is the 3 cup too small?

I agree, I don't want to waste space either! But there are some things that a FP would totally come in handy for! :)

~ Jaime & Martin ~
        "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

#4 Jacilynda

Jacilynda
        • 2,777 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 06:52 PM

Girl I say just get the 7 cup. Its big enough to use for a family and when you are cooking just for the 2 of you you don't have to fill it up! You could use the same amount of food in a 7 cup that you would use in a 3 cup.

I always feel like when I settle I always end up wanting or going and getting the next bigger/better thing

#5 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
          • VIP Member
          • 4,791 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 07:19 PM

Thanks Jacylinda! :) Maybe we will just go all out for the bigger one then

~ Jaime & Martin ~
            "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users