Jump to content

Photo

$500 to bring in my own photographer!


  • Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#1 Lauren_Hirshon

Lauren_Hirshon
  • Newbie
  • 33 posts

    Posted 21 May 2007 - 08:32 PM

    So the El Dorado Royale apparently has a policy that you can have outside photographers as long as you pay the resort 500 bucks. What kind of policy is this?! GRR. Anyone gotten around this in anyway? I am started to get really frustrated with all these limitations and rules...

    And an unrelated question- for those who are having/had a beach wedding, what did you do for music? Did you just use a CD? How was the sound quality. Did you hire someone?

    Thanks in advance

    #2 MikkiStreak

    MikkiStreak
    • VIP Member
    • 2,347 posts

      Posted 21 May 2007 - 08:43 PM

      Some of the resorts will allow the photographer if you put them on your guest list for 1-3 nights...

      If you haven't signed anything with the resort yet, you might try and use your wedding there as a bargaining tool to get them to waive/reduce the fee.... I have no clue if that will work or not, but it's kind of what I plan on doing because it pisses me off that they want to force the couple to either use their (usually) crappy resort photographer or get more money out of them by playing with their (the couples) desire to have a decent photo album of memories...

      #3 TammyWright

      TammyWright

        Admin & Owner

      • Administrators
      • 11,659 posts
      • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

      Posted 21 May 2007 - 08:45 PM

      mikki is right...that or have them stay at the hotel...

      Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

       
      Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.
       
      Awards and recognition: 
      Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
      Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
      Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
      sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
      Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.


      #4 leigh miller

      leigh miller
      • Member
      • 936 posts

        Posted 21 May 2007 - 09:00 PM

        lauren - i just got back from a wedding there. its my second one at that resort. you can read a little about the trip here - http://bestdestinati...com/forum/t5102

        (i will be posting actual wedding pics from that trip tomorrow :) and will let everyone know.)

        ive always been on the guestlist and ive always stayed there. my couples pay a set travel fee (so they dont pay more if i decide to stay somewhere more expensive. its on me) then i just stay where i want but 99% of the time its where the wedding is. its easier. no one at EDR has ever said a word. i dress more like a guest and try to stay on the downlow. but if im staying at the resort and on the guestlist im not sure what they can do.

        #5 Lauren_Hirshon

        Lauren_Hirshon
        • Newbie
        • 33 posts

          Posted 21 May 2007 - 09:30 PM

          Thanks for the suggestions. The WC also said that I could pay for the photgrapher to spend a night in the hotel which is definitely cheaper than 500 bucks. I just dont understand why I cant purchase a day pass dammit!!

          #6 JaimeLynne

          JaimeLynne
          • VIP Member
          • 4,791 posts

            Posted 21 May 2007 - 09:36 PM

            That is very frustrating! I'm not looking forward to the hassell of negotiating this myself.

            It is good to know that some hotels will let them come if they just book a night. I was already planning that into the budget for booking an outside photographer if we can afford one when the time comes. (I really hope we can, cause that is very important to me.) I just don't want to have to pay an ADDITIONAL $500 on top of that!

            ~ Jaime & Martin ~
            "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

            We had 24 people attend our wedding in Las Caletas, Mexico on May 24th, 2009!

            We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!


            #7 jthrasher

            jthrasher
            • Banned
            • 486 posts

              Posted 21 May 2007 - 11:08 PM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by JaimeLynne
              That is very frustrating! I'm not looking forward to the hassell of negotiating this myself.

              It is good to know that some hotels will let them come if they just book a night. I was already planning that into the budget for booking an outside photographer if we can afford one when the time comes. (I really hope we can, cause that is very important to me.) I just don't want to have to pay an ADDITIONAL $500 on top of that!
              You won't have to pay an additional fee on top of that. This is just the resorts way of getting money if you don't use their photographer because they usually get a cut of the money the photographer makes. It's completely lame.

              #8 JaimeLynne

              JaimeLynne
              • VIP Member
              • 4,791 posts

                Posted 22 May 2007 - 10:51 AM

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by jthrasherphoto.com
                You won't have to pay an additional fee on top of that. This is just the resorts way of getting money if you don't use their photographer because they usually get a cut of the money the photographer makes. It's completely lame.
                Ok good to know cause we are both totally in love with your work.

                ~ Jaime & Martin ~
                "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

                We had 24 people attend our wedding in Las Caletas, Mexico on May 24th, 2009!

                We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!


                #9 Matt Adcock

                Matt Adcock
                • Vendor
                • 1,243 posts

                  Posted 22 May 2007 - 04:03 PM

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Lauren_Hirshon
                  So the El Dorado Royale apparently has a policy that you can have outside photographers as long as you pay the resort 500 bucks. What kind of policy is this?! GRR. Anyone gotten around this in anyway? I am started to get really frustrated with all these limitations and rules...

                  And an unrelated question- for those who are having/had a beach wedding, what did you do for music? Did you just use a CD? How was the sound quality. Did you hire someone?

                  Thanks in advance



                  Smile, everything will be ok. :)

                  #10 tvt

                  tvt
                  • VIP Member
                  • 4,812 posts

                    Posted 22 May 2007 - 04:36 PM

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Matt Adcock
                    Did you hear that from Lomas Travel?

                    FOLKS, we (photographers) are in a growing battle and it is the power of the CLIENT that will win in the end. You must stand strong and speak your mind.

                    $500 for what? everybody is on the take and I can tell you that you will be able to bring your photographer in there and you can get away with anything, if you put your mind to it. I spoke to the WC face to face at el dorado and she blatantly told me if they can do NOTHING if you make your photographer a guest. So go ahead with your plans, hire a photographer and invite them to your wedding.

                    SO, lets get together and fight these ridiculous fees. Client satisfaction should be TOP priority. Not penalizing your clients.

                    Smile, everything will be ok. :)
                    Cheers to that!!!!!!!!!!!




                    0 user(s) are reading this topic

                    0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users