Photo

Flight to Mexico Canceled

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 ball4402

ball4402
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 12:04 AM

My flight to Cancun, Mexico was canceled for june 20-27. We booked this flight via vacation express. They are doing everything they can to find flights and a hotel for FIFTY people in another city, but we are having some difficulty. I need some help/suggestions. I am hoping for Punta Cana but its not looking good....

#2 cougs

cougs

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 12,151 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 12:09 AM

your flight for JUNE TWENTIETH was cancelled?!?! wtf? ugh i feel so bad, and so fortunate this hasn't happened to me ... yet? i too was looking into punta cana as a backup, but when i checked for flights, not only was not much available, but prices were OUTRAGEOUS! what in the world is going on, and why does this all have to be so difficult? my heart goes out to you ... thankfully you have at least *a little* time to get things straightened out. *crosses fingers for you* what a mess!

#3 EDRBride2009

EDRBride2009
      • 278 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 12:12 AM

Can you check to see if they can switch you to a different airline? I know that the Canadian airlines and charter companies have quit flying into most of Mexico until the beginning of June, but I haven't heard about cancellations that far ahead.
        Good luck

#4 Jacilynda

Jacilynda
        • 2,777 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 12:15 AM

oh I just posted on the swine thread, but was it cancelled due the flu or airline scheduling?

#5 ball4402

ball4402
          • 7 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 12:16 AM

Well, we could have looked for another airline to Mexico but I don't want to have to go through this all again. What would happen if it was 2 weeks or 2 days before the wedding. It would be IMPOSSIBLE to get us flights and hotels! Luckily I THINK (and pray) we have found air & hotel, pending talking to the hotel to confirm the wedding. I am so sad~!~

#6 ball4402

ball4402
            • 7 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 12:16 AM

Due to the Swine Flu...

They are being "pro active"

#7 Jacilynda

Jacilynda
              • 2,777 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 12:23 AM

Sorry hun I just want to clarify for everyone that vacation express runs charter flights not major airlines.

Some of us kind of panicked at this thinking a major airline may have been cancelling flights out of the US

#8 nibsmom

nibsmom
                • 564 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 11:33 AM

Oh, I hope your new hotel works out!!! Let us know!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users