Jump to content

Photo

Calling all *Curvacious* women!!


  • Please log in to reply
1026 replies to this topic

#141 jackobelle

jackobelle
  • Jr. Member
  • 359 posts

    Posted 05 June 2009 - 08:26 PM

    da.shmoopies - your dress is beautiful! I think it is perfect for a beach wedding!

    JoLo - I know what you mean! I have had girlfriends say "your boobs are HUGE" to me! I would never dream of telling them their boobs are small!!! I know they never meant to hurt my feelings, but what they don't realize is that my breasts were not as big before I gained weight and it hurts because to me it is like them telling me I am fat.

    Lisa - you look absolutely stunning in your wedding pics. I was also so worried about my photos and how I would look - will they pick up my double chin, will my arms look too big? etc. At one point I wasn't even going to get a photographer because I didn't want to spend money on pictures I would hate. But you are so right, the happiness and love just flows out of your pics and I got teary eyed looking at them, your love was all I saw. (and you did look beautiful, you had nothing to wory about!) I am now happy that we made the decision to hire a good photog. I hope my pics will turn out as good as yours.

    #142 cougs

    cougs

      VIP Member

    • VIP Member
    • 12,151 posts

      Posted 05 June 2009 - 08:40 PM

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by jackobelle
      JoLo - I know what you mean! I have had girlfriends say "your boobs are HUGE" to me! I would never dream of telling them their boobs are small!!! I know they never meant to hurt my feelings, but what they don't realize is that my breasts were not as big before I gained weight and it hurts because to me it is like them telling me I am fat.

      Lisa - you look absolutely stunning in your wedding pics. I was also so worried about my photos and how I would look - will they pick up my double chin, will my arms look too big? etc. At one point I wasn't even going to get a photographer because I didn't want to spend money on pictures I would hate. But you are so right, the happiness and love just flows out of your pics and I got teary eyed looking at them, your love was all I saw. (and you did look beautiful, you had nothing to wory about!) I am now happy that we made the decision to hire a good photog. I hope my pics will turn out as good as yours.
      hmmm, i recently made a lot of comments to my MOH about how huge her boobs are, without regard to the fact that she has recently put on a ton of weight, which is why they are currently so big. i feel like a big ol' jerk now. i mean she shows them off and isn't shy about them, which is why i didn't think twice commenting, but it never occurred to me that in her head saying "your boobs are huge" might sound exactly the same as saying, "hey you got really fat!" i suck. being fat for a long time myself, i should know better.

      i couldn't believe myself how HAPPY i looked in the pics! everyone kept remarking about the "way i was looking at tom" through the ceremony, and i had no idea what they were saying until i saw the video and photos. it's only now that i've looked at the pics a million times that i'm starting to notice the bruises i didn't quite cover up, ugly blue veins in my arms, stretch marks, flab, etc. there is one ceremony pic where i'm laughing that is really not particularly flattering at all, but it's so fun because the laugh is so real and it brings back the moment for me. like i said, you just need to let it all go and enjoy the moments. it goes by WAY too fast!

      honestly, i had no idea my schnoz was so big. i never saw myself in profile so much in my life! curse my dad and his big italian nose!

      #143 jackobelle

      jackobelle
      • Jr. Member
      • 359 posts

        Posted 05 June 2009 - 09:02 PM

        I wouldn't worry about it too much, if she is showing off her 'girls' and seems to love them then maybe she thinks they are an added bonus to the weight gain. I used to wear lower cut shirts when going out on the town, but not now that I have gained weight, I completely associate larger breasts with a larger me, and I don't want to show them off at all....so it could just be me. Don't be too hard on yourself.

        And all those 'flaws' you say you are noticing in your photos, I promise you are the only one who sees them, everyone else just sees a beautiful bride having some of the happiest moments of her life!

        #144 godaloveme

        godaloveme
        • Jr. Member
        • 282 posts

          Posted 06 June 2009 - 01:46 AM

          Omg !!!! I can not believe I just found this thread now after been a member for so long !!!! But I'm so glad I found it !!!You Girls all rock !!!! I found the
          thread about an hour ago and read it start to finish !!!It really was an up lifter thank you all so much !!!
          I wish I could have found it before I went through the horrors of shopping for a wedding dress!!!!
          Although i have just found one the whole looking for one really sucked !!!
          I love my dress !!! i found it locally( which I never dreamed i would)I tried on tons of them and hated just about all of them !!! Iam street size 14 with a hour glass figure big boobs smaller waist and huge hips.... most of the dresses i was given to try on were in an 18 to 20 to accommodate my boobs they fit the boobs but looked Tarbell every wear else!! I finally found this great Lady who has a shop out of her house who is awesome and very smart !!! she had me try on mostly size 16's in Aline style skirts wow what a difference sure the boobs dint fit but but they fit every where else very well !!! and was easier to get an ideal of how they would look once fitted !!! and a much easier fit to just put a corset back in then to completely have a dress altered and a hell of a lot cheaper!!!!
          any ways (going long here .... sorry ..)I ended up geting a dress done by Moonlight bridal they have a great line in larger sizes
          here's a link to my dress Moonlight Bridal - Product Details

          #145 da.shmoopies

          da.shmoopies
          • Jr. Member
          • 223 posts

            Posted 06 June 2009 - 01:21 PM

            GodaLoveMe- Welcome!

            Mummergirl - I didn't notice any of those things that you pointed out. You looked amazing and your pictures are amazing. All I kept thinking when I was looking at your pictures was how beautiful and happy you looked.... oh, and I wish my arms and hands looked as good as yours! LOL I hope my pictures turn out so well!

            #146 cougs

            cougs

              VIP Member

            • VIP Member
            • 12,151 posts

              Posted 06 June 2009 - 01:41 PM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by da.shmoopies
              GodaLoveMe- Welcome!

              Mummergirl - I didn't notice any of those things that you pointed out. You looked amazing and your pictures are amazing. All I kept thinking when I was looking at your pictures was how beautiful and happy you looked.... oh, and I wish my arms and hands looked as good as yours! LOL I hope my pictures turn out so well!
              thanks, that the was point i was trying to make. we all know we are our own worst critics and can pick ourselves apart, but even i didn't notice any of my "flaws" the first hundred or so times i looked at the pics. so even if you do see them in your own photos, chances are no one else is going to notice! of course there are a bunch of pics (in the full lot of 800 i got) where the angle is just unflattering or my head is titled in a way that gives me a huge double chin, etc., but even models get shots where they don't look their best.

              i chose an a-line dress because my real problem areas are all from the waist down (there is about a 16 inch difference between my waist and hips, if that gives you an idea), and all that would be covered. i am also almost 37 years old, and have gained and lost weight a million times, so it's not young smooth fat, if you know what i mean, lol, it's all wrinkly, saggy, stretchmarked and dimply grossness. i originally wanted a flowy chiffon dress, but i later realized that in the wind it would cling to all my problem areas. the full skirt with built-in crinoline was the way to go for me. if it wasn't so hot i would have worn extra fluff!

              it's so nice to have a place on this forum where girls with similar issues can all commisserate! have any of you taken part in the forum's biggest loser contest? i did biggest loser 3, 4, and 5, but skipped this season since i'd be gone for my wedding smack in the middle of it. i never won (or even came close) but i did manage to take off 35 lbs since last july. i never thought i'd be skinny for my wedding, just wanted to be back down to the weight i was when DH and i started dating, and i was! i might sign up again whenever the next one starts.

              #147 godaloveme

              godaloveme
              • Jr. Member
              • 282 posts

                Posted 06 June 2009 - 03:59 PM

                I'm thinking about ordering one of them swim dresses from new port news you all are raving about but ... i'm wondering how supportive they are iam 42 have breastfed 2 babies and lost and gain wait so much the only way i can have perky boobs now a days would be to stand on my head!!! do you think the suit has enough support to hold up saggy old Double D's ?

                #148 JoLo908

                JoLo908
                • Member
                • 889 posts

                  Posted 06 June 2009 - 04:21 PM

                  I would do it. I have ginormo boobies and it holds them well even without tying the thingie around my neck... which says something, cause usually I have to strap these suckers in!!!

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by godaloveme
                  I'm thinking about ordering one of them swim dresses from new port news you all are raving about but ... i'm wondering how supportive they are iam 42 have breastfed 2 babies and lost and gain wait so much the only way i can have perky boobs now a days would be to stand on my head!!! do you think the suit has enough support to hold up saggy old Double D's ?


                  #149 jackobelle

                  jackobelle
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 359 posts

                    Posted 07 June 2009 - 11:36 AM

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by JoLo908
                    I would do it. I have ginormo boobies and it holds them well even without tying the thingie around my neck... which says something, cause usually I have to strap these suckers in!!!
                    Good to know! Do the newport news suits also hold the ret of you (stomach) in like spanks would?

                    #150 JoLo908

                    JoLo908
                    • Member
                    • 889 posts

                      Posted 07 June 2009 - 07:56 PM

                      They have this special material that holds you in well. That's why I like them!!




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users