Photo

Post your tattoo pics here!

• Please log in to reply
273 replies to this topic

#61 TammyB

TammyB
  • 10,630 posts

Posted 13 June 2007 - 01:18 PM

Tara, if i get one it will be of the orcid in the bouquet and a bee on it. Bee would represent my new last name, but with a little flip to it.. And IF I got one it would be near my bikini line so that no one would see it for the most part.

So to answer your question, no it's not a stupid idea. What flower are you referring to, what color is it?

#62 dragonfly

dragonfly
    • 1,820 posts

Posted 13 June 2007 - 01:21 PM

I don't want to seem negative, but because you never know what the future brings (believe me I know this first hand), I never think it's a good idea to put anyones name on you body (except your kids). Everton wants to put my name in a tatoo, I won't let him, I have suggested maybe something like my sign or like Tammy's idea of her B representing her name. It is a expensive, painful, ugly process if a tatto ever needs to be removed. I love the flower idea though!!!

Kelly~

#63 tvt

tvt
      • VIP Member
      • 4,812 posts

Posted 13 June 2007 - 01:25 PM

I have no idea what the flower is called. It grows on bushes that a lot of the resorts use for landscaping. It's a really deep redish purple... I haven't been able to find a picture yet. But I'll keep looking.

I like the orchid and bee idea a lot. Aren't you afraid that the bikini area will hurt a lot?

Tattoos are tough! First deciding what and then where is all hard!

#64 tvt

tvt
        • VIP Member
        • 4,812 posts

Posted 13 June 2007 - 01:28 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by dragonfly
          I don't want to seem negative, but because you never know what the future brings (believe me I know this first hand), I never think it's a good idea to put anyones name on you body (except your kids). Everton wants to put my name in a tatoo, I won't let him, I have suggested maybe something like my sign or like Tammy's idea of her B representing her name. It is a expensive, painful, ugly process if a tatto ever needs to be removed. I love the flower idea though!!!

Kelly~
          Ha! I thought about that too. And wondered if it would be tempting fate to put it on my body! Maybe just the flower then!

#65 CourtneyV

CourtneyV
          • 4,979 posts

Posted 13 June 2007 - 01:32 PM

Tara,

That sounds like a really nice tatoo! I kind of agree with Kelly though, names seem to be bad luck - personally, I'd stick with something symbolic. But, it's completely up to you, it's your body... and the tatoo really does sound nice.

So, you're thinking the shoulder blade area? I always like tattoos there, but I've heard it's really painful because it's right on the bone - just a heads up! lol. I'd so something like Tammy, right on the bikini line.. it's for my eyes, and Aaron's eyes only. ... and maybe the people at the beach if my bikini shows enough lol.

boo, sorry if I'm a downer, I like your idea... and I LOVE tattoos on the shoulders, but I have heard it's a little more painful - but I've never had one done at all, so I have no idea.
            Happily Married since May 9, 2008
            Proud Mama to Evelyn Eileen since June 8, 2010

#66 TammyB

TammyB
            • 10,630 posts

Posted 13 June 2007 - 01:36 PM

Is this the one your referring to? If so, Juan took a few pictures of Cain and I in front of a tree like this. I can't wait to see how they turn out because the color on the tree is so pretty.

Click the image to open in full size.

#67 tvt

tvt
              • VIP Member
              • 4,812 posts

Posted 13 June 2007 - 01:39 PM

ok, i'm feeling a little silly right now. the flower may be a petunia!! ha! that's not a mexican flower, it's a petunia. Ahh well, I associate it with Mexico and Joe so whatev!

while I'm at it I might as well put a fat margarita next to it

#68 tvt

tvt
                • VIP Member
                • 4,812 posts

Posted 13 June 2007 - 01:43 PM

or it might be this... i'll have to get a picture of it the next time we go!

#69 dragonfly

dragonfly
                  • 1,820 posts

Posted 13 June 2007 - 02:30 PM

[QUOTE=tvt;90711 Aren't you afraid that the bikini area will hurt a lot[/QUOTE]

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Nini_Bride

So, you're thinking the shoulder blade area? I always like tattoos there, but I've heard it's really painful because it's right on the bone - just a heads up! lol.

boo, sorry if I'm a downer, I like your idea... and I LOVE tattoos on the shoulders, but I have heard it's a little more painful - but I've never had one done at all, so I have no idea.
                    Hate to break it to you girls, THEY ALL HURT!!!!!!LOL

Kelly~

#70 CourtneyV

CourtneyV
                    • 4,979 posts

Posted 13 June 2007 - 02:33 PM

lol, Kelly... duh!! But according to Miami Ink (lol), some places hurt more than others! :P
                      Happily Married since May 9, 2008
                      Proud Mama to Evelyn Eileen since June 8, 2010

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users