Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
foundmyprince0907

ROR - Wedding May 8th - RAIN

Recommended Posts

Jamaicabride and Drbrainfreeze we HAVE to meet up! That would be fun! My wedding on the 8th is at 2:00 PM - When is yours? Well I've decided that the photo op thing is a great idea and that I'm not going to worry about the rain. I think it will be just brief showers - that's what I keep hearing everyone say. I told myself no more looking at the forecast :) Now I'm worried more about my fiance' loosing about 5 lbs since we bought his wedding band and now it doesn't fit anymore - probably lost a whole ring size. Go figure!!! AND - I just found out today that I have a slipped disk in my back and I'm in a whole world of pain that may or may not be gone by the time I walk down the aisle. So rain is the least of my worries - I will be happy to stand outside and get soaking wet - it's Jamaica - YA MON! lol!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow, it seems we have a lot in common, my fiance' has gotten his wedding band exchanged twice since we got it from him losing weight, and I recently had x-rays on my back, and have been seeing a chiropractor in hopes of my back pain being alleviated. I think mine is stress induced though, I graduate from my MBA program tonight, and I had interviews this week for a promotion at my job and this wedding has all been so stressful. My wedding is at 4:00pm. We definitely need to get together, when are you arriving in Jamaica. I have been trying to get a hold of Chandlyn to set up a meeting time, and I emailed her on Monday and haven't heard anything yet. Have you set up your time to meet her? I hope your back feels better before the wedding day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by foundmyprince0907 View Post
Jamaicabride and Drbrainfreeze we HAVE to meet up! That would be fun! My wedding on the 8th is at 2:00 PM - When is yours? Well I've decided that the photo op thing is a great idea and that I'm not going to worry about the rain. I think it will be just brief showers - that's what I keep hearing everyone say. I told myself no more looking at the forecast :) Now I'm worried more about my fiance' loosing about 5 lbs since we bought his wedding band and now it doesn't fit anymore - probably lost a whole ring size. Go figure!!! AND - I just found out today that I have a slipped disk in my back and I'm in a whole world of pain that may or may not be gone by the time I walk down the aisle. So rain is the least of my worries - I will be happy to stand outside and get soaking wet - it's Jamaica - YA MON! lol!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RORJamaica Bride 050809 View Post
Wow, it seems we have a lot in common, my fiance' has gotten his wedding band exchanged twice since we got it from him losing weight, and I recently had x-rays on my back, and have been seeing a chiropractor in hopes of my back pain being alleviated. I think mine is stress induced though, I graduate from my MBA program tonight, and I had interviews this week for a promotion at my job and this wedding has all been so stressful. My wedding is at 4:00pm. We definitely need to get together, when are you arriving in Jamaica. I have been trying to get a hold of Chandlyn to set up a meeting time, and I emailed her on Monday and haven't heard anything yet. Have you set up your time to meet her? I hope your back feels better before the wedding day.

Ladies -
We def. need to get together! Mine is at 4PM on 5/9 at the beach gazebo, with our reception (dinner and dancing) poolside at 6:30. We are going to do a rehearsal dinner on Friday, although I am still waiting on where that will be at. Where is everyone else's?

We arrive May 6th, should be at the ROR by 12!! Just in time for the Jerk Hut! And then we leave May 12. When do you both get there?

My TA set up my appt with Chandlyn on Thurs at 9am.

Hope everyone is ready and see you in a few days!! Hope your backs feel better too! Once you are walking down the aisle I am sure you will forget all about any pain smile03.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We arrive Tuesday. Is your reception poolside costing you more than the $10 pp and $5 to set up the chairs and tables? We aren't having a rehearsal, we are doing the cool runnings tour to dunns river on Thursday though, so we won't be around the resort until 1 or so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by RORJamaica Bride 050809 View Post
We arrive Tuesday. Is your reception poolside costing you more than the $10 pp and $5 to set up the chairs and tables? We aren't having a rehearsal, we are doing the cool runnings tour to dunns river on Thursday though, so we won't be around the resort until 1 or so.
Our reception is acutally $55 per person. This includes the table and chairs, open bar and food. Let me know how the cool runnings is. How much is that costing and have you set it up already? If so where did you go to set it up? We were thinking of doing that Fri AM and we were going to either use Scuba Caribe or just hope in cabs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

we are using Lee's Tours, and they have been awesome so far. We are getting a private transfer from the airport from them also. We have a private catamaran for everyone joining us in Jamaica, drinks on the cat, snorkeling equip, and entrance fees to the falls, for $68 pp. We paid $20 per person towards each of their trips.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by RORJamaica Bride 050809 View Post
we are using Lee's Tours, and they have been awesome so far. We are getting a private transfer from the airport from them also. We have a private catamaran for everyone joining us in Jamaica, drinks on the cat, snorkeling equip, and entrance fees to the falls, for $68 pp. We paid $20 per person towards each of their trips.
Thats a really good deal. We were going to use Lees but once all the crap went on with Air Jamaica, flights got changed, and now we will be arriving 7 hours before the rest of our party. So we are just going to use the transfers our TA set up. We just don't want to set up a tour beforehand for Dunn's River - we know how flaky some of the people can be and I would hate to say "x" people and end up being "y" people and having to foot that bill. I think in the end we will probably go the taxi route.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We get in on Tuesday as well. Our plane gets in around 10 AM so we should get to ROR around noon. I AM SO EXCITED!!!!! My TA set up an appt for us to meet with Chandlyn when we get to ROR so that was taken care of. I love our TA, they have been so on top of everything. We are actually having a very small group join us - there will probably only be about 8-10 of us so we aren't doing anything extra as far as a reception goes. We are going to do the Cool Runnings tour and some other excursions but we'll set that up when we get there. We leave on the 12th as well.

 

And JamaicaBride - that is hilarious that we have so much in common! OMG! I might have to go buy a cheap ($20) wedding band for my fiance just to get married with. My back is feeling a bit better but it just depends on the day. Congrats on your MBA!

 

I'll be on the lookout for both of you!! I'm sure it won't be hard to find each other. I'll try and catch your weddings from a distance and see how it goes for you! Looking forward to meeting!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am sure your day will be beautiful, a rainy day can mean good luck ... don't worry about the small stuff! and consider packing a great white giant umbrella ... just incase!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just got back from Jamaica...got married at the ROR and then honeymooned at Couples Negril...our first week it only rained one day and it lasted about 3 hours straight...someone was suppose to get married on the beach but they ended up getting married at Mammee Bay steakhouse which over looks the ocean with open walls.....its very nice!!

 

Our second week in Negril it rained pretty much every day b ut only for like 1/2-1 hr long....we asked around and they said that May is their rainy season until like Nov!! And their hurrican season is June...at our resort in Negril they had umbrellas in the room for us because of how much it rained! Either way if it rains or not, they have awesome locations of where you can get married at the ROR!!! Good luck!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×