• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#1 BethBride1

BethBride1
  • 106 posts
  • Wedding Date:July 1, 2010
  • Wedding Location:Barcelo Maya Palace

Posted 21 April 2009 - 11:36 PM

Hi all! I have been searching high & low for a church & Riviera Maya for a Catholic Ceremony. I have finally found one at the Barcelo Maya Palace that I love. I searched on the forum, and have not found any recent information on churches.

I thought it might be helpful to start a thread on church options for other newbies (because I feel their pain!) Maybe if we could give as much information about the church it would be helpful to other brides (i.e. if the church is on or off the resort, how many people it sits, if the priest speaks English, etc.)

#2 katiemcad

katiemcad
  • 12 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 07:53 PM

This is a great idea! Thank you! Did you ever consider Moon Palace for your Catholic ceremony? That's where my fiance and I are looking.

Quick question--are you doing a full Catholic Mass? Have you spoken with the priest who is going to perform your ceremony? What did you think?

#3 michp

michp
    • 34 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 08:53 PM

My sister is doing hers at the Maroma Chapel.. it is onsite at El Dorado Maroma i think .. but anyone can use the chapel as long as they pay the fees :)

#4 myrjor09

myrjor09
      • 6 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 05:59 PM

Hi BethBride,

I agree! I've been planning for a religious ceremony in the Riviera Maya also. The only resorts that I found that have chapels are the Iberostar and the Barcelo Maya. I believe in terms of churches the closest one is in Playa del Carmen.

I'm waiting for confirmation from the Barcelo.

Good luck!
        -myrna

#5 redgirasol

redgirasol
        • 5 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 03:28 PM

there are chapels at the Dorado Maroma, Barcelo,and Moon Palace hotels. The Park Xcaret also has a chapel Xcaret Weddings - Cancun Mexico wedding riviera maya spectacular eco park
          attached is the info about the churches in playa del carmen

Attached Files

#6 EmenGeeRoxx

EmenGeeRoxx
          • 279 posts
          • Wedding Date:January 19, 2010

Posted 04 June 2009 - 10:08 AM

If anyone needs help booking the chapel at the Nuestra Senora Del Carmen let me know. It took me a while to gather all the info, but with the help with a lot of people on this forum, I have everything that you need.

#7 MsSunshine

MsSunshine
          • 415 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 12:18 PM

Hi,
            There is also a chapel at Dream's resort in Tulum. It's a really small chapel though and doesn't look like it would fit a large group of guests. There is a Dreams Tulum thread in here and if you have any questions about that resort, the answers are there.

#8 pineapple princess

pineapple princess
            • 168 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 03:07 PM

this is a great thread! i too am looking to have a catholic ceremony so i will attempt to revive this.

Here is the information that i have been found and are reaserchiing:

In some parishes, the Catholic Wedding and Mass are held in Spanish only. On the Riviera Maya, there are two priests who can perform a Catholic wedding and mass in English.

Playa del Carmen and the Riviera Maya Catholic churches:

* Playa del Carmen: Chapel of Nuestra Se±ora del Carmen on the Caribbean Sea
              (air conditioned)
              * Playa del Carmen: Nuestra Se±ora del Carmen -Downtown
              * Playa del Carmen: Nuestra Se±ora de Fatima - Ejido
              * Playa del Carmen: Nuestra Se±ora de Guadalupe - Colosio
              * Puerto Aventuras: Nuestra Se±ora de Guadalupe
              * Xcaret: Chapel of St. Francis of Assisi
              * Akumal: Chapel in Pueblo
              * Tulum: Mission church

These are the resorts that can do Catholic weddings:
              El Dorado Royale
              El Dorado Maroma
              Azul Beach
              Azul Sensatori
              Aventura Spa
              Moon Palace

There is also the Gran Caribe which apparently just got one of their gazebos blessed and it appears they perform catholic ceremonies as well.

from researching the above - i believe that the aventura spa resort does the actual ceremony at moon palace (still checking on that)

Also - i think that the azul beach and sensatori also do their catholic ceremony at EDR or EDM because i have not been able to find anything that mentions a chapel on the azul properties.

i hope this helps some other people!!!
              "Formerly goNDmay9"
              "so long and thanks for all the fish!"
              http://davf.daisypath.com/rkbnm5.png

#9 mccsomthin

mccsomthin
              • 5 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 05:47 PM

This is great! I am so overwhelmed with the choices... and add to that the lack of communication from WCs at the Royal / Gran Caribe. I just want a gorgeous chapel and a WC that will take care of the details!!!

#10 Future Mrs. M

Future Mrs. M
                • 319 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 06:47 PM

Hi - do you think you can email this to me? I can't open it for some reason.

Thanks!!

Ana

Wedding Date 11/12/2010- Riviera Maya - Hacienda Tres Rios

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users