• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#11 Soon To Be Mrs. Gomez

Soon To Be Mrs. Gomez
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 05:06 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by krazyk
    Your review was great!! I didn't do a tasting when we went for our visit. But everything looks good!
    Hi,

You visited Dreams too? Did you do a site review? I could not find it? I just want as many reviews as possible .

#12 blondie25

blondie25
    • 87 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 10:21 PM

Thanks for the review and great picture.

#13 krebsler

krebsler
      • 153 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 01:15 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Ana
        Great review!! And thanks so much for sharing your pics!

I think that I actually was there at Dreams the same time as you well we left on the Monday but I think that I saw you and your FI talking to Juan Carlos! Michael and I were leaving that day.

I agree about the children part, there were alot that week (we stayed for 2). When we first arrived, on March 30th, there were less kids, and people in general. The resort was practically empty for the first week. We found that if we went over to the quiet pool by the Oceana terrace, it was much better and much more relaxing.
        That is so funny because I told Justin I recognized you from the forum too!! Ahha!! So how did everything go? Were you happy with Juan? He told me about your dress but I'm glad they fixed it and everything was fine. How was the reception? Was the food warm? My parents are worried about the food being cold since it's outside and they don't have covers (correct?). Who was your WC? Did you go to Desires after 10:30? We checked it out while staying at Dreams and it was pretty lame. I understand when you have your whole wedding party/guest it will be a world of a difference. I just know our friends are going to want to party after 10:30.

I'm sure I'll be asking you many more questions if you don't mind. That is too funny we saw each other. We had an amazing time, so sad we're back. Take care!

#14 SoontobeMrsDorsey

SoontobeMrsDorsey
        • 24 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 01:36 PM

Hi Krebsler and Ana-

Your pics were AWESOME!!! Thanks so much for posting them! They were probably the most helpful that I've seen on the site. I am interested in your trips to Dreams bc I am still quite torn bt Dreams and Riu. After some of the terrible stories I've read about Riu services, I'm leaning more toward Dreams. But I know that Dreams is older and I want to the best for my day (April 17, 2010). A couple of questions, if you don't mind :)

1) How clean and updated were the rooms? Did they offer toiletries for the guest? Would you consider them outdated? Do you have pics of the rooms? I really don't want any musty, mildewy, outdated facility for my wedding.

2) Did you visit Riu while you were in Cabo? If so, how does it measure up in terms of quality and service?

#15 deefalvey

deefalvey
          • 521 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 01:55 PM

Tara -
            Great review and great pictures!!! I am going for a site visit in May, this is getting me more excited!!!

Thanks for sharing and posting!
            Bill and DeannaJuly 24, 2009

#16 Ana

Ana

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 8,047 posts
            • Wedding Date:April 1, 2009
            • Wedding Location:Dreams Cabo
            • LocationToronto

Posted 20 April 2009 - 04:03 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by krebsler
            That is so funny because I told Justin I recognized you from the forum too!! Ahha!! So how did everything go? Were you happy with Juan? He told me about your dress but I'm glad they fixed it and everything was fine. How was the reception? Was the food warm? My parents are worried about the food being cold since it's outside and they don't have covers (correct?). Who was your WC? Did you go to Desires after 10:30? We checked it out while staying at Dreams and it was pretty lame. I understand when you have your whole wedding party/guest it will be a world of a difference. I just know our friends are going to want to party after 10:30.

I'm sure I'll be asking you many more questions if you don't mind. That is too funny we saw each other. We had an amazing time, so sad we're back. Take care!
            Definitely ask me any questions that you want
            Hi Krebsler and Ana-

Your pics were AWESOME!!! Thanks so much for posting them! They were probably the most helpful that I've seen on the site. I am interested in your trips to Dreams bc I am still quite torn bt Dreams and Riu. After some of the terrible stories I've read about Riu services, I'm leaning more toward Dreams. But I know that Dreams is older and I want to the best for my day (April 17, 2010). A couple of questions, if you don't mind :)

1) How clean and updated were the rooms? Did they offer toiletries for the guest? Would you consider them outdated? Do you have pics of the rooms? I really don't want any musty, mildewy, outdated facility for my wedding.

2) Did you visit Riu while you were in Cabo? If so, how does it measure up in terms of quality and service?
            1) I thought the rooms were creat and kept in amazing condition. They offered shampoo, sunscreen, shower gel, soap, toothpaste, toothbrush, and much more. Basically everything you'd want or need. I've been to many 4 and 5 star resorts in Mexico before (mostly in the mayan riviera) and to be honest these were the best rooms I've seen in a while. Dreams had their rooms re-furnished and updated about 2 years ago, so everything is in good condition.

2) I didn't visit the Riu, but we had guests who stayed there and only came to Dreams for the wedding and they seemed to like it. I think one of the only downsides to the Riu is their outside vendor policy, and the bride not having as much control over what vendors she hires. If you read through the reviews, and use the search function at the top of this page, you should be able to find alot of information on both resorts.

#17 FutureMrs.S

FutureMrs.S
            • 87 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 05:17 PM

Thanks for the review. Very helpful. I can't wait to go home and look at your pictures!
              12 FLIGHTS BOOKED
              40 GUESTS BOOKED!

#18 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
              • 11,659 posts
              • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 20 April 2009 - 05:28 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by SoontobeMrsDorsey

the rooms were recently updated so they are not dated at all and they do include toiletries...even sunscreen.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
              Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
              Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
              Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
              sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
              Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#19 Ana

Ana

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 8,047 posts
              • Wedding Date:April 1, 2009
              • Wedding Location:Dreams Cabo
              • LocationToronto

Posted 20 April 2009 - 06:25 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Tammy Host
              the rooms were recently updated so they are not dated at all and they do include toiletries...even sunscreen.
              that sunscreen is amazing!!! Michael and I hardly used the sunscreen we brought because the Dreams one was so good! It smells great and it doesn't leave that white residue on your skin. I recommend it!

#20 Erika J

Erika J

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 8,569 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 06:38 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Ana
                that sunscreen is amazing!!! Michael and I hardly used the sunscreen we brought because the Dreams one was so good! It smells great and it doesn't leave that white residue on your skin. I recommend it!

OOHH that sounds wonderful, If you dont mind me asking, is it in like a huge bottle, or little packets that you can take to the pool?

What about the other toiletries are they little bottles in the room , like standard hotel size?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users