Photo

Private Event Menus at the Riu Palace

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#11 kellyq5349

kellyq5349
  • 8 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 02:52 PM

We had 45 guests but we had to pay for 50 (50 is the minimum) for the buffet. I don't have any pics of the buffet food or plates (once I get my pics from my photographer if there are any pics of the plate I will post it here) but I can tell you that the presentation was excellent. The lobster in the beef for the plate dinner was very good. Also the lobster tails on the buffet were a huge hit - they were delicious and they also served hot butter along side it - everybody loved it!

#12 Natashak

Natashak
    • 93 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 10:05 AM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by kellyq5349
      We had 45 guests but we had to pay for 50 (50 is the minimum) for the buffet. I don't have any pics of the buffet food or plates (once I get my pics from my photographer if there are any pics of the plate I will post it here) but I can tell you that the presentation was excellent. The lobster in the beef for the plate dinner was very good. Also the lobster tails on the buffet were a huge hit - they were delicious and they also served hot butter along side it - everybody loved it!
      •callos de hacha marinated in olive oil and balsamic vinegar
      •Minestrone soup
      •Lobster stuffed beef fillet medallions
      •Fruit cake

Sorry for all the questions but was this the menu that you had? If so how was the soup & fruit cake?

#13 kellyq5349

kellyq5349
      • 8 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 10:50 AM

You can mix and match from the menu - since we picked menu 3 (the most expensive) we could mix and match food items from any of the columns. You have to pick one salad and one soup and one dessert for the whole group. Then you can have different main courses (like if some people want chicken some want beef). Here is what we had:
        Vinaigrette Tomato Salad (listed under Menu 3 - Vegetarian)
        Tlalpeno soup (listed under Menu 2 - Chicken)
        Lobster stuffed beef fillet medallions for all of our guests but 2 people
        Shellfish stuffed chicken filet with mango sauce for our 2 guests that wanted chicken
        No dessert because we had wedding cake

It was all delicious! They served rolls with the soup and the meat courses came with potatoes and vegetables.

#14 jetsbride

jetsbride
        • 794 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 11:23 AM

thanks for sharing!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users