Private Event Menus at the Riu Palace

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Peaches2010

Peaches2010
  • 42 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 09:09 PM

Hello Ladies,

Thought I'd pass along the following resources - a 2009/2010 menu for private events for both plate dinners and buffets.

Cheers,
    Evelyn

Attached Files

#2 ehegwer

ehegwer
    • 139 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 09:14 PM

thanks for sharing!

#3 jamk32179

jamk32179
      • 341 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 03:11 PM

Thank you for the great updates, I have been wondering this information. Geez our "affordable" wedding is getting out of hand!!!
        September 18, 2010- The Royal Playa del Carmen31 Guests RSVP'd including the Bride and Groom

#4 Monkbridetobe

Monkbridetobe
        • 49 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 12:48 PM

mine too! i thought this was going to be the chearper way to go!

#5 Peaches2010

Peaches2010
          • 42 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 11:58 PM

any other brides who have had tasted these private menus? any input/feedback would be great on the quality of the different tiers...thanks! :)

#6 JCruz

JCruz
            • 154 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 11:43 AM

Thanks - that's really helpful to have. Would this be the case if my wedding were on the mexican restaurant terrace? I'm going to pay the extra to ensure it's a private event from 8 - 11pm.

#7 Peaches2010

Peaches2010
              • 42 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 03:08 PM

Hmmm... the way I understood it from the WC is that if you book on the Mexican Terrace (for a private event) and you have over 20 people, you need to choose the menu ahead of time as this is the most efficient way to ensure your guests get their food within a resonably time. However, this has no extra cost.

#8 kellyq5349

kellyq5349
                • 8 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 01:42 AM

We had private menus for both the rehearsal dinner and wedding reception. Deluxe buffet for the rehearsal dinner - expensive but so worth it!! It is unbelievable how much food you get and it is so delicious - our guests were blown away by it. It was a fantastic way to start the celebrations. We did the private menu for the reception - beef with lobster, tomato vinaigrette salad and talapeno? soup. Also very good but cannot compare to the buffet.

#9 Peaches2010

Peaches2010
                  • 42 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 07:42 PM

Kelly,

Did you have to have over 60 guests for the buffet?

#10 Natashak

Natashak
                    • 93 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 09:55 AM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by kellyq5349
                      We had private menus for both the rehearsal dinner and wedding reception. Deluxe buffet for the rehearsal dinner - expensive but so worth it!! It is unbelievable how much food you get and it is so delicious - our guests were blown away by it. It was a fantastic way to start the celebrations. We did the private menu for the reception - beef with lobster, tomato vinaigrette salad and talapeno? soup. Also very good but cannot compare to the buffet.
                      Hi Kelly,

I think this is the same choice that we might pick for our private dinner. How was the Lobster? Do you happen to have any pictures of the plate?

Thanks!
                      Natasha

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users