What kind of thank you cards?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 DarcyJAde

• 305 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 11:34 AM

Ok- I hadn't even thought of thank you cards yet since our wedding is over 5 months away. However, we just received our first gift. So we should send a thank you card right away, correct?
    I was going to use vistaprint, and thought of using our logo. What do you girls think? Or should we go with standard thank you cards?

#2 Jess

• 4,455 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 11:41 AM

Hi Darcy - I believe you are supposed to send them right away. We just got our first gift also, and just sent a thank you note.

I actually found these great letterpress thank you cards at Target and they were $12.99 for 50...Your logo would be cute though!

#3 Racine.Ryan

• 124 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 11:42 AM

I used cute cards I found at Target. Thank you cards were not that important to us. I knew some people would notice but most would just appreciate the thank you. So, I didn't want to spend too much on them. Or too much time.

#4 YaelM

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 5,369 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 11:43 AM

Darcy - same thing happened to us and I asked the same question :) We ordered thank you post cards from Vista Print that were tropical

I think it would be cute to use your logo!

#5 DarcyJAde

• 305 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 12:00 PM

I just went to target's website. There are 100's of thank you cards for CHEAP!
            I think I may go that route. They have some cute "thank you from paradise" one's with a married couple on the beach.Thank you guys soooo much!

[/SIGPIC] 40 PEOPLE BOOKED!!!

#6 Jen_S

• 3,737 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 12:18 PM

Who would thinking picking out thank you cards would be so hard So DH and I have been having discussions on what kind of thank you cards to send. We know we want to send a card which has a photo (I want to include more then one since it is hard to pick just one) We have seen a lot of sites now make the photo cards that look like hallmark cards, I like the idea but DH not really like the idea of it being more a card and would rather send a photo in a thank you card. So we were wondering what type of thank you did you send? Also did you send thank you cards only to guests who came and then wedding announcements to those that did not make it?
              Our Honeymoon In Ireland!!

#7 Soon To Be Mrs. Gomez

Soon To Be Mrs. Gomez
              • 1,326 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 12:25 PM

Yes! Target is great and I also have found cute cards at Party City.

#8 jenniferstratton

• 90 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 12:32 PM

What about something through Picaboo, or another photosite with a picture from you're ceremony, so that those who didn't come get to see part of the day. I would send thank yous to those who came or anyone who sent a gift if they couldn't come and announcements to the rest. Sending a thank you to those who couldn't make it might make them feel ackward.
                  Fit for 2010!

#9 ~*Kathy*~

• 5,649 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 12:36 PM

Jkcz - I've been thinking about this too ever since we got back from our trip. DH seems indifferent to the whole thank-you card thing, so I was thinking of doing one of those pictures of us where it has our names and wedding date on it, such as "Cameron and Katherine Funnell, February 19, 2009" and insert it inside of a thank-you card. We were thinking of sending thank-you cards to everyone that attended and everyone that sent gifts (people sent us gifts who didn't even attend and we told people not to give us anything at all lol).

#10 tguerre

• 78 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 12:43 PM

Here are some postcards that we love. My friend is making the Thank you signs for us. I can't wait to see them tomorrow. We might as well save some money on postage.

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.
                      34 Confirmed flights!!
                      1 day til Florida!!
                      7 days til the wedding!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users