Cake-Negril

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 LaraJo

LaraJo
  • 159 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by OneLove420 

Seems like cupcakes are the way to go for me. My hotel said they wouldnt charge me because that will be the dessert. Also if I want a one tier cake she'll charge me $150.

I think that cupcakes are better otherwise there will be alot of cake left. You can get a good cupcake count based on your guest booked.

Hi OneLove420 - I helped my friend plan a wedding here in Brooklyn about a year and a half ago and they opted for cupcakes from a local baker I recommended (Mark Joseph Cakes). It really was a great option because we were able to estimate the quantity (2 per person) and do a really nice combination of flavors. They decided on 3 different cake/icing combos and, when placed on the cupcake stand, they looked fantastic. Also, the baker placed little sugar flowers (plum blossoms) on top of certain cupcakes (sporadically) which was a really nice touch. If I can find a picture, I'll post it. Soooo - I think cupcakes are a smart, trend and cost-effective choice!

#22 kezmode

kezmode
    • 8 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 06:37 PM

@ meitra how was your cake, do you have pics? did you use cherry. do you have an email addy?

#23 Meitra

Meitra
      • 249 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by kezmode 

@ meitra how was your cake, do you have pics? did you use cherry. do you have an email addy?

It was yummy!  If you go to my photographer's blog you can see pics from our wedding, including one close up of the cake.  Just go to www.norabohanon.com  and then click on the blog tab at the top of the webpage.

Cherry's email is: novdav@hotmail.com

Moon Dance Cliffs ---- Negril, Jamaica ---- December 4, 2010

#24 kezmode

kezmode
        • 8 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 04:52 PM

Omg!!! You looked amazing! Very beautiful!! Congrats and thanks for sharing! Your photographer did a great job! Hope u had fun, cause everything looked wonderfully done. That was a moon dance? Very nice!!! Thanks again. What flavor was the Cake? It looked yummy indeed!

#25 Meitra

Meitra
          • 249 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 10:27 AM

Thanks!  It was at Moon Dance Cliffs and it was so fun!  Our cake was chocolate with coconut cream filling and I had her use butter cream frosting instead of fondant on the outside.  Hope that helps :)

Moon Dance Cliffs ---- Negril, Jamaica ---- December 4, 2010

#26 redginger

redginger
            • 360 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 07:41 PM

Just wanted to bump this post to ask if anyone has recent experiences with a good baker? Anyone with feedback and info about Margaret Myrie or Noida? Thanks!

#27 agwright1986

agwright1986
              • 23 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 12:23 PM

hi

Cakes by Noida is great..I meet with her in march and we designed my cake...She is very sweet and resonable...I would recommend her..My wedding planner is the one who did the introduction and told me about her and i couldnt have pick any one better..if you have a facebook page you can go on her profile type in "cakes by noida"  hope that helps...when are you getting married i could post pics...My wedding is in decemeber at Sunset Beach Resort

#28 redginger

redginger
                • 360 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 08:54 PM

I was wondering if anyone could share pricing or estimates for wedding cakes in Negril? Our hotel said that the pricing is generally based on per slice cost (i.e. $8 or $9 per slice and increases if you add on additional decorations etc), not so much the number of cake tiers. What is a reasonable cost? Thanks!

#29 Yardie

Yardie
                  • Banned
                  • 24 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 07:32 PM

Selena Wong does amazing cakes.  http://selenacakes.com/blog/2011/01/

#30 LaraJo

LaraJo
                    • 159 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 07:03 PM

Hi Girls- We used Margaret Myrie for our wedding at Moon Dance Villas this past July. The cake was 4 tiers, 3 diffeent flavors: tropical fantasy which is her specialty and is a coconut deliciousness, chocolate with chocolate mousse and vanilla with lemon filling. We went with a simple design and chose to have butter cream icing, not fondant.  It came out exactly as I wanted. The cost was about $330. Here are some pics:

0360.jpg

0394.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users