Photo

HELP HELP.. What wedding colors go with this matron of honor dress??

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 lrfriendly

lrfriendly
  • 113 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 03:44 PM

Thank you so much for reading this. I am sick to my stomach! My Matron of Honor has chosen a dress and a color (ocean blue) that I am not sure what colors to put with it. I am at the point right now where I need to pick flowers and a cake but my wedding colors are not chosen yet. I was thinking of tropical flowers...maybe pink and orange? What color would you put with that dress color?? HELP??
    33 Booked!!

#2 kiki317

kiki317
    • 162 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 03:52 PM

I have the same problem- my MOH's dress is like aqua (which of course I chose) but then i was thinking OMG what color flaower, etc. I just decided to go with a tropical mix (pinks, oranges, yellows) I figured that with the color of the sand and the ocean will look lovely! Good luck!

#3 becks

becks

VIP

• VIP Member
      • 4,881 posts
      • Wedding Date:August 9, 2008
      • Wedding Location:Riviera Maya
      • LocationNew York

Posted 10 April 2009 - 03:55 PM

I'm not quite sure what color ocean blue is, but pink or orange or lime green would all look fantastic!

Happily married since 2008

Allurements by Rebecca - Destination Wedding Invitations and more

#4 cougs

cougs

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 12,151 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 04:00 PM

first of all, calm down and BREATHE. this is not something to get sick to your stomach over! can you post a pic of the dress? not sure if ocean blue is light or dark or on the aqua side? at any rate, all of us with beach weddings have "ocean" color in our pics, and i haven't seen anyone's flowers look bad against it! i think you are always safe with tropical colors, but if you are really worried, choose ivory/neutral color flowers for her and save the bright tropical ones for YOUR bouquet. that way, YOU get the big pop of color and can choose your favorites.

#5 big3n09

big3n09
        • 616 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 04:08 PM

Natural color flowere will go with anything and i assume your dress is a natural color so you never go wrong with natural colors
          4/1/11 in St. Kitts at the Marriott I married my best-friend!!!

#6 lrfriendly

lrfriendly
          • 113 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 05:14 PM

Thanks girls!! I forgot to show you the dress. What a dork I am.

Dessy Bridesmaid Style 2043: The Dessy Group
            33 Booked!!

#7 Geralyn

Geralyn
            • 2,677 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 05:17 PM

The dress is very pretty...hot pink, orange or lime would go great!! Don't stress it'll all be fine

#8 estella1007

estella1007
              • 475 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 07:03 PM

I love lime and blue together. You should go with green cymbidiums. Orange would look great too.

#9 cougs

cougs

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 12,151 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 07:11 PM

ok, seeing the dress, i second the green orchids! will look STUNNING.

sometimes when i see tons of great jewelry/flowers/other accessories out there in other colors i totally second-guess my choice. i almost wish i had gone with blues/greens. i've seen so much stuff available in those colors! (i went with deep red with orange ... everything out there is orange and fuschia!)

#10 Jacilynda

Jacilynda
                  • 2,777 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 08:00 PM

I agree on the green. i don't think orange would look that great, but a deep or darker pink would be just fine!

I have green cymbidiums in all of my stuff, so of course I say GREEN cymbidiums!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users