Creating A Monogram

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 momx2

• 42 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 10:58 AM

Hey Ladies,

I am new to the site, but I have found tons of useful information on this site. I have decided to try to design my very on wedding monogram. I do not have enough points to open any templates or get any instruction files, but by looking at numerous threads I have been able to get a basic understanding of what needs to be done. What I have created thus far is not much but I am impressed with myself being that I did not have a template to start with and I really do not have patience when it comes to doing things like this. I will be having a destination wedding at Turks and Caicos so I am trying to find fonts or clip art that have the beach theme, but I have not been able to find anything good thus far on the internet.

Do any of you know of good sites that I can use to get some cool fonts or images from? In addition, I am trying to figure out how to bend or curve text around the border of my monogram and or clip art...how do I go about doing that? Thanks in advance for your help.

#2 scottgm2

• 229 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 01:12 PM

you can get free font at dafonts and if you google there are a lot of free fonts

#3 Andi

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 3,490 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 01:32 PM

there is a thread about making your own monogram

#4 momx2

• 42 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 03:31 PM

Thanks! I was able to find a couple of good fonts from the internet. I am really making some progress and I will post a draft of my monogram once I get it into better shape.

#5 blushingbride

• 366 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 10:09 PM

Just keep playing with it...there are plenty of threads on here that will help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users