Photo

Sarah's Exhaustive Wedding Review 5-7-07 Dreams Los Cabos

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#21 TammyB

TammyB
  • 10,630 posts

Posted 14 May 2007 - 03:01 PM

Sarah, I went from orginally booking Juan for 1.5 hours to three hours.. lol... Does he usually show up right on time or a little early?

#22 LadyP

LadyP
    • 3,156 posts

Posted 14 May 2007 - 03:02 PM

I dont think that it gets anymore efficient than this. Great work

#23 Sarah

Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 6,996 posts

Posted 14 May 2007 - 03:16 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by A10CALGAL
        Hahaha! Yes, nice but shot Sarah. That reminds me of what Rafael said when I got my dress off & he saw my "Rafael's Booty" panties!! hahaha
        I love it!

Quote:
        Originally Posted by TAMMYM
        Sarah, I went from orginally booking Juan for 1.5 hours to three hours.. lol... Does he usually show up right on time or a little early?
        He's been right on time all 3 times I've used him.

#24 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
        • 11,659 posts
        • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 14 May 2007 - 04:31 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by AQHARIDER

Travel Agent
        We booked our room block and hotel arrangements through Tammy the host.
        Food: The food overall at Dreams is good. There were some things I LOVED- Dreams Tacos, Chicken Kiev, Omelettes to order at El Patio, and the Chilaquiles. There were some things that were just so-so, but that’s totally expected in Mexico. Everyone on this forum talked about how bad Himitsu was, but some of my guests wanted to try it. I’m not a huge sushi or Asian person anyway, but what I had was tasty and my guests said it was good. I believe Edyta’s guests enjoyed it as well. So, I guess it depends on what you order- my friend loved the vegetarian rolls, but said the Pad Thai was nothing like it should have been. Just an FYI…
        i have to say the breakfast at Dreams is AMAZING! i mean an omelette bar and betty the omelette lady makes the best omelettes and fresh to order waffles. they also have a fresh smoothie section and the yummiest green chilaquiles...YUMMY!

Quote:
        Weather
        I just have to comment on the weather for those who might be still debating what time of year to go to Cabo. We now have been there in September, February, and May. September is very HOT, February was too COLD. This was just right. Seriously, I couldn't have ordered better weather if I wanted to. It was 89-91 every day and just perfect in the shade. If you wanted to lay out it was great. At night it was 65-70, and just perfect with a pashmina or cardigan. On my wedding day, I was actually comfortable in my wedding dress. The only time I was too warm, was when we were taking pics right on the beach and standing out there for a long time, and at the reception when I was dancing like a crazy drunk college girl! Ahhh...I want to go back!
        the weather in May is fantastic in CABO...my favorite time!!

Quote:
        For my guests, I had paper fan programs, tissue holders, and a pouch of rose petals to throw. No one except Edyta & Tammy remembered to do this this though- thank God they were there to ambush me with petals!

I also had parasols for all the ladies- these were a hit with my guests. I bought them from
        RECEPTION

Our reception was at the Oceana Terrace. Tammy & Edyta were making fun of me because I went to check on the progress of the setup THREE times that day! Jeff & I didn’t stay together the night before the wedding, so it was hard to sneak around and make sure he didn’t see me, but I did.
        ok, edyta and i think sarah is lying about how many times she went to check on the set up...we think she went more than 3 times. she was cracking us up.

Quote:
        WEDDING COORDINATOR

I really debated hiring an outside coordinator, and almost broke down about a month before the wedding, but stuck with Mariana, the onsite WC at Dreams.
        I cannot say enough good things about Mariana. She gets an A++++++++++++++++.

I can honestly say that Mariana did a PERFECT job- if you have Mariana there is no need to have an outside WC- she is awesome!
        mariana is great!

Quote:
        Final thoughtsIJeff’s mom, who is impossible to please and the biggest complainer ever (just ask Tammy- she had to deal with her a lot!) couldn’t stop talking about how wonderful everything was. She almost had a cow when we told her we were getting married in Mexico. Now, you’d think she was a paid advertisement for Mexico destination weddings- she tells all her friends it’s the only way to go. We spent so much money paying for my family to be there, but I wouldn’t do it any differently now. My brother leaves for the Air Force this morning, and I would trade that 4 days in Mexico with him for anything. Not only did I have a perfect wedding, but also I had a perfect family vacation- there are memories that will last forever.
        this is exactly what i have been saying about DW's. yes, you will find resistence from family but in the end it is such a great time...not just wedding...for all. so worth the money and anxiety.

Quote:
        Well, during our first dance, he looked at me and said “you’re amazing- I can’t believe you put all this together. Thank you so much for making this such a perfect day. I’m so proud that you’re my wife”
        You are amazing!

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
        Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
        Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
        Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
        sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
        Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#25 RAENJAY

RAENJAY
        • 550 posts
        • Wedding Date:June 23, 2007
        • Wedding Location:RIU Cabo
        • LocationCharlotte

Posted 14 May 2007 - 04:37 PM

Wow!~ What a review - I'm so glad that everything turned out so perfect for you... Now all of us June brides really have something to live up to. :-) I got a little teary eyed at the last comment about Jeff saying how terrific you are....
        Stephanie & Jason ~ RIU Palace ~ Cabo San Lucas
        June 23, 2007
        Visit our wedding slideshow Stephanie & Jason
        Photography by Jose "Pepe" Lima

#26 Janet

Janet
        • VIP Member
        • 7,459 posts

Posted 14 May 2007 - 04:41 PM

Sarah - Phew I am tired after reading all that :)

I am so impressed with your wedding and hope that writing the review was the final OCD touch and now you know you can just RELAX!

And I mentioned this on the other thread but your makeup was FLAWLESS and so photogenic. Good choice on doing it yourself!

#27 Sarah

Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 6,996 posts

Posted 14 May 2007 - 04:49 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by JANET1111
            Sarah - Phew I am tired after reading all that :)

I am so impressed with your wedding and hope that writing the review was the final OCD touch and now you know you can just RELAX!

And I mentioned this on the other thread but your makeup was FLAWLESS and so photogenic. Good choice on doing it yourself!
            Thanks Janet- I actually thought of you and heard your voice in the back of my mind telling me to relax and enjoy myself. You and Christa...I had to remember what both of you said about just letting things happen and enjoy every minute. Although, I had done so much ahead of time there really wasn't much to stress about! I had 3 days before the wedding to just hang out and have fun.
            Yes, I do feel much better now that I got this review done. I am just so excited to finally be married! woohoo!! Yes, hopefully now I can direct my OCD-ness to another area- like cleaning my house! lol

#28 TammyB

TammyB
            • 10,630 posts

Posted 14 May 2007 - 04:51 PM

Or start working on your next two coffee table books.. :-)

#29 CourtneyV

CourtneyV
              • 4,979 posts

Posted 14 May 2007 - 05:10 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by TAMMYM
                Or start working on your next two coffee table books.. :-)
                Or my next two coffee table books!!
                Happily Married since May 9, 2008
                Proud Mama to Evelyn Eileen since June 8, 2010

#30 A10CalGal

A10CalGal
                • VIP Member
                • 11,403 posts

Posted 14 May 2007 - 05:16 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Nini_Bride
                  Or my next two coffee table books!!
                  Or my wedding book!