Grooms attire

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 pvbeachbride10

pvbeachbride10
  • 202 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 02:25 PM

Hi,

What are your grooms wearing? Tux is too formal for us on the beach and so we are thinking a suit. Linen or something? Any recommendations on where to purchase?

Thanks!

#2 Jen_S

Jen_S
    • 3,737 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 02:45 PM

Kyle wore a ivory suit with a black shirt and ivory tie and the guys wore black suites with white shirts and black ties. We bought them at Mens Warehouse.
      Our Honeymoon In Ireland!!

#3 YoursTruly

YoursTruly
      • 1,097 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 02:52 PM

MY husband wore a white linen suit (italian made) with white shirt and the GM wore beige linen suits with white shirts. The GM got theor suits from Hugestore.com. They have tons of inventory. You can check out my weddin review and pics to get a better idea

#4 Goldstein to Be

Goldstein to Be
        • 160 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 02:53 PM

We just bought FI's suit this weekend. It's a lighter brown and is pretty light weight. We got it at Macy's (they were having a sale and only paid $200 compared to one we liked at Nordstroms for $800). I think we are going to have the groomsman wear beige pants and white linen shirts.

#5 FoxyBride

FoxyBride
          • 609 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 04:47 PM

We were thinking of ordering custom linen suits from Studiosuits.com, Custom Suits | Designer Suits.

I'd love to see your review of Hugestore.com YoursTruly. We were also looking at ordering from there.

#6 Mother of Bride

Mother of Bride
            • 100 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 07:43 PM

My daughters FI is wearing tan linen pants, sandals & a white shirt all from Old Navy. He originally wanted to wear shorts, but I voiced my opinion on that & he actually listened....my first Mother-in-law decision to let him know shorts were NOT appropriate (especially cuz my daughter the bride is wearing a long traditional (but lightweight) wedding gown with beads, crystals & pearls. Would look kind of weird to have the groom in shorts--don't you think?

#7 celticbride

celticbride
              • 3 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 08:13 PM

Men's wearhouse has suits for "Beach Weddings" to rent or buy. They have some good deals

#8 celticbride

celticbride
                • 3 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 08:13 PM

Men's wearhouse has suits for "Beach Weddings" to rent or buy. They have some good deals

#9 Destination Scout

Destination Scout
                  • 600 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 09:40 PM

My husband was so excited about wearing a Tommy Bahama silk shirt for the wedding that he ran out and bought one before he bought me ring! The problem was that Tommy Bahama doesn't have a white white, they only have a natural white, which meant that I had to match everything to his shirt. Luckily I was having my dress made anyways, so I bought the dress fabric and fabric for his pants to match.
                    Here are our pictures to give you an idea.
                    Dreamtime Images Blog Archive Tulum, Mexico Wedding Photography: Malisa and Todd

#10 Susan'n'Dean

Susan'n'Dean
                    • 173 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 03:17 AM

DSC00082.jpg

Here is my hubby to be's suit, just need to find some shoes now!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users