Dreams La Romana

• Please log in to reply
3934 replies to this topic

#1011 dolfinluck

• 2,424 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by nsimpson
    Dolfinluck - thanks for the quick response and for the heads up regarding credit card conversions!

I'm a little nervous about the rooms though...I'd really like for all my guests to be in the newer rooms but from what you ladies are saying, it seems like you have to book preferred club to get that 'luxury'!
    We were in building 5 and were not in the preferred club and had a friend in building 7 and was not in it as well. I think they are slowing re-doing all the other rooms. The older rooms are not terrible they are more of a Caribbean decor with wicker.

Originally Posted by KPEG
    Hi girls! Missed you all! We're back from our week at DLR. Regarding the resort, there was some good and some bad things. The wedding itself was good but there were some last minute things that may make some brides uneasy.

We have only been back one day so I'm still doing laundry and getting things back in order but I will have a review and hopefully pics up soon! (pics for sure once I can get the 1000s of pics organized off our cameras!)

Dolfinluck, wish we could have met! I think my brothers-in-law may have walked up to see what was going on on the beach the night of your wedding! When they came back and told me it was a wedding, my brain finally clicked that it was yours! I had too much going on that Saturday night when we arrived. Hope your wedding was fab!
    Congrats KPEG!! i hear you on getting everything back in order, i took off of work thur and friday last week to get everything good again. I wish we could of met up as well. cant wait to see some pics and a review!

I should have my review up later today!

#1012 dolfinluck

• 2,424 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 09:58 PM

Sorry it took so long here's the review

dolfinlucks wedding review dreams la romana

and if you want to just skip to the pro teaser pics by Elisabeth Millay here they are!!! just got them this afternoon and completely delayed me from doing anything else

#1013 KPEG

• 267 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 11:01 PM

Great review Dolfinluck!! Thanks for sharing. Love, love, love your photos!!!!! Sounds like I had some similarities working with Yanna. I have not had time to write a review yet but hopefully can soon before I forget all the details that some brides will want a heads up on.

Right now we are working on getting our money back on an insurance claim for my husband's (weird!!) parent's vacation package. Literally at the last minute, my FIL was admitted to emerg and was not discharged until the morning we left to the DR. The doctor advised us that he would not be able to travel for 2-3 days which would have been the day of our wedding already anyway. It was very unfortunate and just wasn't meant to be for him. We had a heck of a time trying to get his paperwork in order to travel since he's not a citizen and didn't have any valid passport. Also the day before our legal ceremony he was also in emerg for a different reason. All very sad that they couldn't be there with us. But I'll write more in my review too.

#1014 lizzyjayne

• 95 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 10:28 AM

Thanks Dolfinluck for your review, it was beilliant and KPEG I am looking forward to reading yours. It's great to hear good stories

#1015 lizzyjayne

• 95 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 10:47 AM

fyniac good luck with today, I hope you have a great day

LaRomanaBride - Feb 2010 - CONGRATULATIONS!
            Bridget - March 15, 2010 - CONGRATULATIONS!
            jlcoon - April 13 2010 - CONGRATULATIONS!
            Jenne - April 21, 2010 - CONGRATULATIONS!
            LaRomanaStacey - April 22, 2010 - CONGRATULATIONS!
            Odarcka -April 26, 2010 - CONGRATULATIONS!
            Amy - April 28, 2010 - CONGRATULATIONS!
            Maybride2010 - May 3, 2010 - CONGRATULATIONS!
            hjack - May 7, 2010 - CONGRATULATIONS (date twins)!
            brbr.bo - May 7, 2010 - CONGRATULATIONS (date twins)!
            Heather (dolphinluck) - CONGRATULATIONS
            KPEG - May 19 - CONGRATULATIONS
            fyniac - May 26, 2010 - CONGRATULATIONS
            VallieR - May 29, 2010
            Lesley - (LizzyJane) - July 6, 2010
            GEM - July 9, 2010
            Andrea (sunandsand) - July 14, 2010
            Nadia - Sept 3, 2010
            Pink_Petals -Sept 10, 2010
            Nancy (NancM) - Nov. 16, 2010
            LastMinuteCouple - Jan 12, 2011
            JoNewhams - March 3, 2011

#1016 dolfinluck

• 2,424 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 12:35 PM

Thanks KPEG! really most of the headaches were from the in-law when i look back on the day. like a lot, wrote an email to my friend about it and there was 15 items! here's one: we ordered room service for myself, sister and mom since we did not have lunch and his family started eating our food when they already had lunch!!
              I'm so sorry to heard about you FIL, i hope that he is feeling better!

Congrats fyniac! Wishing you the best on your wedding day!

#1017 amygirl1169

• 653 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 12:46 PM

omg, Heather - post the other 14 items!!! LOL

#1018 dolfinluck

• 2,424 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by amygirl1169
                  omg, Heather - post the other 14 items!!! LOL
                  I'll email them to you just in case they ever find this

#1019 KPEG

• 267 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 02:45 PM

Email to me too!!!! lol I'll share my stories with you.

#1020 GEM

• 58 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 06:54 PM

Hello, ladies! =) The past few days have been sweltering here in NY...getting us ready for the weather in DR=) lol
                      Welcome to the newbies!
                      Lj, you mentioned you changed your locations. Where are you doing everything?
                      Pink, everything looks great!
                      Yey for nsimpson! You got your dress=)
                      Thanks hjack for the review. My fiance and I are having our ceremony and reception on the beach, as well. Everything sounds great:)
                      Thanks dolfin for your review, too. Love the dinner table and the palm trees with the lights Did you guys bring the sashes for the chairs? And how much extra was the bonfire? I love your smores idea! We might steal it=)
                      Sorry, guys. I had to catch up a bit.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)