Sign in to follow this  
amberdgraham

Excellence Punta Cana Brides Thread

I have been asked a couple times how much we spent. Here is my entire wedding budget...might as well put it all out there right.

Trip-Flight/Hotel and flight for my MOH-$3200

-We had booked Excellence Club OV and were upgraded from TA to a Master Suite

OOT bags/Centerpieces-$800

-I posted a thread about this if you want to read more

Attire-Both $3000

-This includes my two dresses, alterations, shoes, earings, suit, tie, shirt

Gifts for parents and wedding party-$1000

Invitations-$825

STD-$160

Website-$120

Rings-$1650

This total=$10955

Wedding package (Silver)

$1,500.00 (-$850 discount because of rooms)

Extra Guests

6-$270.00

Sax player (ceremony)

$200.00 (FYI you have to pay in cash)

Bridesmaid bouquet

3-$120.00

Groomsmen boutonnieres

2-$30.00

Day pass videographer

$80.00

DJ (3 hours)

$750.00

Tier of cake (added)

$30.00

Flower for the cake

10 flowers- $30.00

Sub-Total US$

$3,010.00

Discount (basic wedding package)

$850.00

Total US$

$2,160.00

Rick York-$300

Videographer-$350 (Video Punta Cana)

Chair Sashes-$65 (they didn't have any colors close to ours)

Additional flower petals-$30 (to throw)

Photographer flown in-$6000

The rehearsal dinner was at an open restaraunt so no additional cost

The private cocktail party-wasn't supposed to be private so there was not cost

Plus tips

$160-WC

$40-Rehersal Dinner

$40-Waitstaff for reception

$20-DJ

$20-Hair

I'm sure there are more but I don't remember

This all totals about $20000...I had never added everything up....but IT WAS WORTH EVERY PENNY!!!!!!!!! And everything I ever wanted it to be.

Thank you so much - you have no idea how much that helps us. With all the different packages, etc, I feel like my mind is a jumble. Did you have the lights at the reception (I am starting to get weddings confused)? Blue lights with stars? If so, did the DJ provide or did you bring, buy etc? I really liked that, especially by the water. Thanks!

Don't just take this thread as your biggest source of research, I would strongly advise you go to tripadvisor and other sites such as that and read the reviews of guests who have stayed there (not only as a wedding, but all guests) and make sure that what you read is okay with you. Also, look at the pictures there on the site and make sure you like what you see. Just make sure to do research before you commit!

At any rate, we will go down there in June so I don't have expenses on extras for the ceremony yet, but we're slated to do the gold package which will cost us $1600 (there's a discount because of our rooms), we don't have any extra charges associated with the wedding ceremony itself from the resort. Our room is going to be just at 3k give or take for 9 days at the Exc in an Ocean view club suite. We are spending 5 days at Tortuga Bay- that was 3k. We have not booked our airfare because we're waiting for my residency match letter and until then I don't know where we'll be. But with the highest possible airfare, and including spending time at the spa and excursions we are on track to spend about 10k for the wedding. That doesn't include my dress, rings, etc. Just the wedding/honeymoon itself.

Hope that helped!

Hey All, I am wondering if anyone has every gotten the BBQ Beach Menu? I've attached it, I got it from Anna at Excellence because I was looking for something more social rather than a sit down formal dinner.

Also is anyone getting the DJ? What type of music does he play?

Thanks! cheesy.gif

BBQ Menu on the Beach.doc

I just wanted to thank the ladies for posting what their DW's cost (approximately), my FI and I are planning to do some serious internet research on reviews tomorrow and this will help us out a lot!

I love this site! All you ladies are amazing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRose View Post
Hey All, I am wondering if anyone has every gotten the BBQ Beach Menu? I've attached it, I got it from Anna at Excellence because I was looking for something more social rather than a sit down formal dinner.
Also is anyone getting the DJ? What type of music does he play?
Thanks! cheesy.gif
Is this the one that she called the Dominican beach (or was it pool?) party? I got her to send me the menus to the restaurants, if anyone wants it reply and I'll get back to you. My PM box is running full- so PM's are not the best way to go.

Nikki

I'm wondering if EPC has linens for the tables? And if they do what are the colors? I am just wondering if I should bring my own or not.

Thanks

The table linens, napkins and chair covers are all white. They have some chair sashes but if you ahve a specific color you want I would bring your own. I assumed they would have something and I ended up spending $2.50/sash when I could have bought them here for far less.