Alternate idea for a guest book

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#41 KristieT

KristieT
  • 430 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by alexisinjamaica 

We were originally going to do a chalkboard + polaroid and have guests write a message on the chalkboard then take a pic of them holding it, but now I think we're going with the time capsule idea. I've seen kits on Etsy that seem expensive for what they are, so I'm making my own. Here's a pic for reference:

I still love the polaroid idea though and might bring one to get fun shots of all our guests during the wedding weekend for a scrapbook later.

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh so cute!

#42 pmkaraan

pmkaraan
    • 171 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 01:10 PM

I love this idea! Thinking of doing the same

#43 Billandstina

Billandstina
      • 396 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 01:41 PM

That would be fun to do for my AHR since I don't have to worry about packing it up!

#44 WeddingCancun

WeddingCancun
        • Vendor
        • 210 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 04:28 PM

postcards in a suitcase it's another original idea. just ask to your guest to write  a message on post cards and then collect them in a suitcase.

We help couples planning a beach destination wedding who want a splendid Wedding experience in Cancun and Riviera Maya get simple, elegant and romantic decoration without worring to deal with vendors who really dont care about your wedding. DO YOU KNOW ANYONE LIKE THAT?

#45 jrebecky

jrebecky
          • 75 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 07:59 AM

Originally Posted by alexisinjamaica 

We were originally going to do a chalkboard + polaroid and have guests write a message on the chalkboard then take a pic of them holding it, but now I think we're going with the time capsule idea. I've seen kits on Etsy that seem expensive for what they are, so I'm making my own. Here's a pic for reference:

I still love the polaroid idea though and might bring one to get fun shots of all our guests during the wedding weekend for a scrapbook later.

I LOVE this!  So cute!

#46 Mlite83

Mlite83
            • 384 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 08:51 AM

We did Mad Libs for our guest book and they are AMAZING!  There is a perfect mix of heartfelt and hilarious - my husband and I were dying of laughter reading the responses!  I liked that the Mad Lib gave people a chance to write more than their names and a brief congratulatory message. We had two different versions of the Mad Lib - we printed them out on brightly coloured card stock and they were set up when people entered the reception.  I've attached a couple photos of the finished product below - so glad we did this, it is one of our favourite wedding keepsakes!

#47 sdj327

sdj327
              • 171 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 01:28 PM

we got a polaroid camera and are doing a mini photo booth. we are going to have guests take a pic of themselves and then write a note next to it

#48 WeddingCancun

WeddingCancun
                • Vendor
                • 210 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by Mlite83 

We did Mad Libs for our guest book and they are AMAZING!  There is a perfect mix of heartfelt and hilarious - my husband and I were dying of laughter reading the responses!  I liked that the Mad Lib gave people a chance to write more than their names and a brief congratulatory message. We had two different versions of the Mad Lib - we printed them out on brightly coloured card stock and they were set up when people entered the reception.  I've attached a couple photos of the finished product below - so glad we did this, it is one of our favourite wedding keepsakes!

wow what an original idea!

another one could be a personalized wedding puzzle

We help couples planning a beach destination wedding who want a splendid Wedding experience in Cancun and Riviera Maya get simple, elegant and romantic decoration without worring to deal with vendors who really dont care about your wedding. DO YOU KNOW ANYONE LIKE THAT?

#49 J0hanna

J0hanna
                  • 81 posts
                  • Wedding Date:October 3, 2014
                  • Wedding Location:Villa Del Arco
                  • LocationCabo San Lucas

Posted 01 March 2013 - 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by WeddingCancun 

postcards in a suitcase it's another original idea. just ask to your guest to write  a message on post cards and then collect them in a suitcase.

That is what I was thinking of doing too. I really like that idea. We're just going to buy post cards of Cabo and have everyone sign one.

#50 JSLM

JSLM
                  • 170 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 07:09 PM

Love these ideas thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users