Photo

i want cupcakes...

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#31 ebredhawk

ebredhawk
  • 949 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 05:01 PM

if you are in nyc and want the world's greatest cupcake, go to sugarSweetsunshine. my MOH lived in brooklyn for a while and when i went to visit we did our own cupcake tour of the city... it even edged out magnolia which was equally as delish! and casey, I agree.. the magnolia red velvet is to DIE for!

#32 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
    • 11,659 posts
    • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 18 March 2009 - 05:12 PM

i love cookies and cream...maybe we will walk to the store to make them today!!!

i also really love cream cheese frosting...do you think that will be too heavy for this cupcake. i am freaking out here. i need cupcakes!!

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
    Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
    Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
    Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
    sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
    Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#33 ebredhawk

ebredhawk
    • 949 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 08:49 AM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Tammy Host
      i love cookies and cream...maybe we will walk to the store to make them today!!!

i also really love cream cheese frosting...do you think that will be too heavy for this cupcake. i am freaking out here. i need cupcakes!!
      actually, i think that would be really good! it won't be as sweet as buttercream which is good because there is so much sweetness in the cupcake already!

if you make these with the cream cheese frosting let me know how they come out!!

#34 missdanelle

missdanelle
      • 687 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 12:48 PM

Let me just tell you Tammy that since Tuesday when you posted this thread; I have been craving a doggone cupcake like you dont even know. I gave up sweets.. and carbs for lent so i have to wait until Easter to have one which makes it even more fun! Pretty sure im going to eat a dozen cupcakes when the time comes.. thank you!!! lol

#35 BlakleyBrideToBe

BlakleyBrideToBe
        • 2,115 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 04:23 PM

This thread is all wrong!! I'm getting so hungry for cupcakes. I work in Houston and there is a Gourmet Baker. They're amazing! here is a sample of just a few they do. Beware after you read this... you're going to blow you diet.

APPLE
          GRANNY S M I T H APPLE CAKE WITH
          CINNAMON FROSTING

BANANA
          BANANA CAKE WITH SWEET CREAM
          CHEESE FROSTING

CANDY BAR
          CANDY B A R C A K E W I T H D A R K
          CHOCOLAT E F R O S T I N G

CARROT
          CARROT CAKE WITH SWEET CREAM
          CHEESE FROSTING
          CHOCOLATE COCONUT

DARK CHOCOLATE CAKE WITH COCONUT
          CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
          CHOCOLATE ESPRESSO

DARK CHOCOLAT E C A K E W I T H D A R K
          CHOCOLATE ESPRESSO FROSTING
          CHOCOLAT E O N VANILLA

VA N I L L A C A K E W I T H M I L K
          CHOCOLATE FROSTING
          CINNAMON
          CINNAMON SPICED CAKE WITH VA N I L L A
          CINNAMON CREAM CHEESE FROSTING

COCONUT
          VA N I L L A CAKE WITH COCONUT CREAM
          CHEESE FROSTING

CRANBERRY ORANGE
          ORANGE ZEST AND CRANBERRY CAKE
          WITH ORANGE ZEST FROSTING

CRAVE CHOCOLAT E AND CRˆME
          DARK CHOCOLAT E AND MARSHMALLOW
          CRˆME CAKE WITH DARK CHOCOLATE

That is just to name a few!! The bad thing is they're within walking distance. I'm going to have to walk over and get one now!!

#36 purrfected

purrfected
          • 396 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 11:50 AM

Why did I have to see this thread? Less than 2 months before my wedding and I am not near being bikini ready and all I can think about is cupcakes!

I love to bake and I think the reason cupcakes always taste better than cake is because you can eat one right out of the oven. When you bake a cake you are forced to wait until it cools and I always think it makes me look greedy if I serve a cake that is cut. Ok, I am, but I don't want the guests to know that!

Pre wedding planning days I used to go to Sprinkles once a week to get a fix. I am obsessed with their red velvet and their black and white cupcakes! I work 5 minutes away from the store. I actually have to drive by it everyday to get to work. Usually the long line discourages me from stopping but today.....I just don't know. Work was so depressing yesterday, one of the girls that I hired got put on notice yesterday. Oh yeah, and she is from my church, no less. Yes, I think I deserve a cupcake today!

#37 SDSteph

SDSteph
            • 812 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 11:55 AM

You insipred me to make cupcakes today! I love it. Baking is so fun and dellecious :P
              Steph and Kel Mayan Riveria - February 2011http://www.stephnkelwedding.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users