36 replies to this topic

#1 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
  • 11,659 posts
  • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 17 March 2009 - 05:00 PM

so on sunday i was daydreaming before getting out of bed (its the only time i can because steve takes jack and feeds him breakfast) and was thinking to myself if i ever win the lottery i want to open a cupcake shop near my house. i already have the location picked out and even a rough business models.

i make really good cupcakes...but i mainly want to open the business so i am always surrounded by cupcakes....i just love them and can eat them all day long.

around lunch the family and i went to the farmers market and there was a lady that sold cupcakes!! YAY!!!! they were delicious. a vanilla cupcake with fresh strawberry frosting, red velvet, chocolate with cream cheese frosting, lemon curd with a lemon frosting, chocolate with mint, etc. etc.

i saw her card and her shop is where i would open mine...they are not open to the publc but you can order them and pick them up whenever you want.

I AM SO IN TROUBLE NOW!!!! i am sitting here trying to keep myself from ordering a dozen. they are only 2 blocks away.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#2 ~Angela~

~Angela~
  • 4,172 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 05:13 PM

EEEK!! I love cupcakes too! I am tempted to make some tonight now ......... might be good snack while watching American Idol. Haha!

I'd love to say don't do it...but temptation always gets the best of me!

#3 lil_miss_frogg

lil_miss_frogg
    • 826 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 05:18 PM

MMMMMMM, cupcackes.....sounds so delicious. But I can't. I want to, but no. You shouldn't have put this into my head...I will have to blame you for breaking my diet....if I decide to have one.
      http://i44.tinypic.com/aemd8w.jpg
      My Babies
      "Love isn't about finding a perfect person,
      it's seeing an imperfect person perfectly!"
      http://tickers.Ticke....00ff/event.pnghttp://tickers.Ticke....JZW/weight.png

#4 ebredhawk

ebredhawk
      • 949 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 05:20 PM

Tammy I have done the SAME exact thing! (note the tattoo profile picture) There isn't a decent place to get cupcakes in Cincinnati so I just make my own and I swear when I become independently wealthy I'm going to quit my job and open my own shop.

In fact, sitting in front of me right now is the empty container for all of the cupcakes I brought to work this morning. They are impossible to resist when they are staring at me all day long!

#5 JessicaM

JessicaM
        • Vendor
        • 1,969 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 05:21 PM

OH my gosh those sound fabulous...a place exactly like that just opened by me too, called Batch. They looks sooo good!!

#6 Erika J

Erika J

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 8,569 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 05:21 PM

yumm, I am sitting at my desk right now in the dangerous 3 o'clock hour, dreaming of baked goodies like cookies, cupcakes, brownies, b-day cake.

Hopefully this apple will taste exactly like a cupcake

#7 ~Stephanie~

~Stephanie~
            • 3,347 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 05:24 PM

I don't think I can have a cupcake. I want one (curse you) but I was very bad and had a large (ok like really large, so big my FI asked if it was to share) piece of chocolate b-day cake last night with lots of extra chocolate frosting.... I want cake.
              ~Stephanie

Our wedding websitewww.mywedding.com/stephanieandmichaelbailey

#8 Soon To Be Mrs. Gomez

Soon To Be Mrs. Gomez
              • 1,326 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 05:47 PM

I think I make good cupcakes too, but I have to practice doing fancy frosting. I am a cupcake fanatic too!!! If I could I'd be at Sprinkles everyday.
                For both my bridal shower and bachleorette party, we will be eating cupcakes instead of cake so I better be careful not to overdo it because my dress is mermaid style and very fitting.

#9 Banana11

Banana11
                • VIP Member
                • 8,841 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 05:53 PM

I would love to see some cupcake recipes if anyone wants to share!!

#10 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
                  • 11,659 posts
                  • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 17 March 2009 - 06:19 PM

let's all post our favorite cupcake recipes...i think i posted some here before (red velvet cupcake) so i will try to find that recipe.

also, in a pinch i have used packaged vanilla cake mix, added raspberries to the mix, and put lime frosting...so good.

i found this recipe that i want to try because the ingredients are things you will have on hand and they got great reviews...you can probably tweak it to add yummy stuff to it as well.:

Quote:
                  Old-Fashioned Cupcakes

1 3/4 cups cake flour (not self-rising)
                  1 1/4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
                  2 cups sugar
                  1 tablespoon baking powder
                  3/4 teaspoon salt
                  2 sticks unsalted butter, cut into cubes
                  4 large eggs
                  1 cup whole milk
                  1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
                  Old Fashioned Frosting, recipe follows

Directions
                  Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line cupcake pans with paper liners; set aside.

Combine in a bowl both flours, sugar, baking powder and salt. Mix on low speed until combined for about 3 minutes. Add in cubed butter, mixing until just coated with flour.

Add eggs 1 at a time until combined. Slowly add milk and vanilla to batter until completely mixed scraping down the bowl as you mix.

Scoop batter into baking cups filling about 2/3 full. Bake until a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean, 17 to 20 minutes.

Cool and decorate with Old Fashioned Frosting.

Old-Fashioned Frosting:
                  2 sticks butter, room temperature
                  8 cups confectioners' sugar
                  1/2 cup milk
                  2 teaspoons vanilla extract or other flavoring
                  Cream softened butter and add 4 cups sugar, milk and vanilla. Beat with paddle attachment until smooth gradually add the rest of sugar to reach frosting consistency*.

*Cook's Note: Add more sugar to get this consistency.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
                  Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
                  Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
                  Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
                  sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
                  Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users