Sign in to follow this  
SunshineMonkey

New 2010 Riu Wedding packages?!?!

Sooo...I'm assuming that they still are using Mango Weddings as their photographer?? Can anyone tell me how much the photo packages are with Riu (now that no photos are included with packages)?

Also, despite that the packages lose the photos and are only down $100..they now say "semi-private" reception (v.s regular reservation) which I'm pretty sure you had to pay extra for before...so maybe that's why the only small drop in price?

I also noticed that in the 2010 packages there can only be 60 guests or less as opposed to an undetermined amount does anyone know how much extra guest would cost with these new packages?

Hi,

I emailed them with the same question about the new limit. This is what she said in her email back to me:

"the caprice wedding package does not have a limit on the semi private dinner but it has a limit on cake and sparkling wine it is up to 60 people. If you would like more cake and wine it has a charge per extra person."

I didn't bother to ask what the extra charge was so I am not sure on that.

Hi,

I emailed them with the same question about the new limit. This is what she said in her email back to me:

"the caprice wedding package does not have a limit on the semi private dinner but it has a limit on cake and sparkling wine it is up to 60 people. If you would like more cake and wine it has a charge per extra person."

I didn't bother to ask what the extra charge was so I am not sure on that.

Hi ladies - I had a friend who travelled with us to the Riu Palace to take our pictures and it wasn't a problem at all. I just said it's a friend who does photography but is also a guest and no one ever said anything about it.

Bridetobe2010 - when we did our invitations we just put the Riu Palace down as where the wedding was. Honestly we only had 1 couple choose to stay elsewhere and that was because they had a timeshare in Cabo. We had a couple of people ask and we just said that you are welcome to check out other places but you will have to pay a day pass if you don't stay there with us. Honestly I think once people realized that if they are there for 7 days and want to spend time with the wedding group more than just the day of the wedding that the cost savings weren't really there. In all reality - who wants to go to a destination wedding with a group and than not spend the time during the days leading up to and after the wedding - those were the most fun for us. You'd be surprised how many people don't want 1. the cost of more than 1 day pass to spend time with you and 2. to miss out on anything...haha. I think once you explain that at $100 a day - if they want to spend even 2 days at the resort with the group - that's $400 a couple. That pretty much takes care of cost savings by staying somewhere else - not to mention the inconvenience of bringing changes of clothes etc if you are going to spend all day and evening there. That's my 2 cents.

Hey Ladies,

I emailed the RIU Bachata about my photographer and she said that because he was staying with the group this was not a problem what so ever. ( I am totally keeping the email though rolleyes.gif )

Also I was talking to my TA and she said that because it is so far out (2010) that they are probably still negotiating the prices with there photographers that they just have not put it into the package yet and that it will more than likely be there when they decide who they are using....

I hope this helps

Does anyone know what exactly is covered in the new 'no outside vendors' rule? From what i'm reading through the thread, it sounds like no outside photographer.

If I'm using Suzanne Morel, does that mean she can't have a day pass and I'd have to go to the salon?

Also, does that mean I can't order flowers from another vendor?