Casa Magna Cancun - May 30th 2009

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Paula0509

Paula0509
  • 16 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 10:54 AM

Hi All!

I'm getting married on May 30th at the Casa Magna Marriott in Cancun.... 67 people are confirmed to attend. Can't wait!

Any other Casa Magna/JW Marriott brides out there?

#2 dinogomez.com

dinogomez.com
    • 5,705 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 12:17 PM

Welcome to the forum and congratulations!! You've come to the right place; here you can find all the info you need for a fun, smooth and successful planning!! Enjoy!!!

#3 Married_In_Maui

Married_In_Maui
      • 929 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 12:43 PM

Hi Paula,

I'm not the bride (I'm the big sis of the bride that got stuck doing all the planning :), but I am planning my sisters wedding for May 28th, 2009 at the Casa Magna. Where did you decide to do your reception? That's what has me stumped at this point. I can't decide if we should do it in the carribbean fountain area, which is nice b/c it's shaded but still open, or to do it in the garden area. We don't have a huge group going (only 25), so I don't want to use a huge space. Did you do a site visit? Glad to hear that someone else choose the Casa Magna too; it looks beautiful. Sounds like you may be done with your planning, so if you have any suggestions, I'll take what I can get :)

KIM

#4 O'Driscoll Photography

O'Driscoll Photography
        • 4,853 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 01:10 PM

Welcome and congrats, Paula!

Best wishes,
          Tod

#5 JennyK

JennyK
          • 3,502 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 07:02 PM

I just got married at the JW (ceremony at the gazebo). It was PERFECT in every way!!!

#6 *Casey*

*Casey*
            • 5,209 posts

Posted 13 March 2009 - 09:26 AM

Hi Paula... to the forum and CONGRATS!!!

#7 Paula0509

Paula0509
              • 16 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 10:17 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by kstinson1503
                Hi Paula,

I'm not the bride (I'm the big sis of the bride that got stuck doing all the planning :), but I am planning my sisters wedding for May 28th, 2009 at the Casa Magna. Where did you decide to do your reception? That's what has me stumped at this point. I can't decide if we should do it in the carribbean fountain area, which is nice b/c it's shaded but still open, or to do it in the garden area. We don't have a huge group going (only 25), so I don't want to use a huge space. Did you do a site visit? Glad to hear that someone else choose the Casa Magna too; it looks beautiful. Sounds like you may be done with your planning, so if you have any suggestions, I'll take what I can get :)

KIM
                Hi Kim,

Oh how I wish I was almost done with planning! :) We actually just got our guest count - 75 people - so now that I know that, I feel like it's full speed ahead!

As far as the reception location, we did not do a site visit, so everything I'm doing is based on recommendations/ photos.

We're having the cocktail hour in the Pool Garden, and then the dinner is in the ballroom. At first I was hesitant to have the reception indoors, but then, after giving it more thought, I figured that not only is the cocktail hour outside, but our church is sort of outside-ish (a chapel at another resort), and the rehearsal dinner will be on the beach, so I was okay with having an event indoors. Plus, the outdoor events have to have the music end by 10pm, and i wanted to party to go later into the evening than that (our ceremony isn't until 4pm...though I'm considering pushing it back to get more of a sunset view during the coctkail hour).

Oh and also, to see pics, I found this very helpful...it's photos from previous weddings at the marriott....
                del Sol Photography Wedding Photojournalism

Best of luck with your planning! Is your sister having a DJ or a band? We're having a DJ, but I'm a little nervous b/c I have no idea what to expect. Keeping my fingers crossed!

Please don't hesitate to contact me if you have any other questions!

#8 MomentsThatMatter

MomentsThatMatter
                • Vendor
                • 2,015 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 12:11 AM

Congratulations Paula. 67 guests... very impressive!!! Best of luck
                  Lincoln & Lori @ Moments that Matter Photography
                  Playa Del Carmen Wedding Photographers - Mexico - Cancun - & Mayan Riviera
                  Web: http://momentsthatmatterphotography.com/
                  Blog: http://momentsthatmatterphotography.com/blog/
                  http://i711.photobuc....Ad-Sept09b.gif

#9 xayuk

xayuk
                  • Banned
                  • 163 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 03:14 PM

Congratulations and Best of Luck!

#10 IvanG

IvanG
                    • Vendor