Photo

Passport invitation paper or background?

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 ebdaniel113

ebdaniel113
  • 22 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 11:59 AM

Hello! For those of you who made your own passport invitations, did you print them on decorative paper or did you apply the "passport" background and then print on white card stock? I have been searching for the right background to apply to my invites, but have had no luck. Any advice you could give would be very much appreciated!!! Thank you!
    Elizabeth

#2 merocket59

merocket59
    • 937 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 04:04 PM

from what I've read here it varies, some people print them on regular cardstock and use the background they want, others use colored or metallic cardstock (for the cover), some use plain printer paper, and others use scrapbooking paper that has a decoration they like.. as I just posted in another thread I'm going to try to print my pages out using vistaprint flyer pages and I applied a background I found on there because it didn't work when I uploaded my image. I think the paper is shiny so I don't know if I'll like it but I'm going to see what it looks like and go from there.

#3 mspattemac

mspattemac
      • 168 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 11:36 PM

I'm currently trying to figure the paper out for my boarding pass invites.
        I ordered some samples from paperandmore.com. I was worried that my old printer wouldn't print nice enough but I was pleasantly surprised with how nice the everything looked on a metallic paper. It makes the ink look a little shiny and nicer.

#4 DWbride09

DWbride09
        • 171 posts

Posted 13 March 2009 - 09:52 AM

well we learned the expensive way that you cannot print on dark coloured paper. So I guess it depends on what kind of decorative paper you're looking at. In the end we designed the background we wanted and printed it on white cardstock.

#5 scottgm2

scottgm2
          • 229 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 04:04 PM

so what pound card stock is everyone using. Is some of it too heavy. I like the idea of white because I think the colors will be picked up better. advice please

#6 BelaNova

BelaNova
            • 9 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 02:41 PM

bump :) I have the same question regarding card stock as scottgm2 -any recommendations?

#7 Bianca

Bianca
              • 1,057 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 03:39 PM

If you are planning on printing at home... 100-110 lb paper will be too thick. Places like Kinkos can print on this. You want the thinner paper like 90 lb I believe.
                19 adults/3 children with flights booked! 10 rooms booked!
                http://dw.daisypath.com/BM2Hm4/.png

http://dpabride.blogspot.com/

#8 DWbride09

DWbride09
                • 171 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 10:09 AM

hmm I don't know about lbs but we used the paper that was one step thicker than regular paper and NOT textured. The paper was .99 CAD pre sheet if that helps.

#9 Sue

Sue
                  • 86 posts

Posted 03 October 2009 - 06:08 PM

I am still trying to figure out how to get the passport look for the INSIDE pages also. I don't seem to find an answer, can you actually buy that paper some where? If so, where? Please help!

#10 Bermuda Bride to Be

Bermuda Bride to Be
                    • 164 posts

Posted 03 October 2009 - 08:15 PM

I have the same question!! Has anyone printed on metallic cover paper? Did you use inkjet or a laser printer? I'm a little nervous ordering the metallic paper and then it not printing clear.
                      *Forever in Love*

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users