Photo

Notarized birth certificate?

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#11 divadivine25

divadivine25
  • 427 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 07:57 AM

Just to verify, what needs to be notarized and sent to the resort? This is the first marraige for us both so I thought it was just:
    BC
    PP
    Notarized and sent in, correct?

#12 Scott-Pierre

Scott-Pierre
    • 456 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 12:57 PM

How far in advance do these items need to be sent to the resort?

#13 purrfected

purrfected
      • 396 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 12:35 AM

This is confusing. Let me get this straight. We have to take our original birth certificates and passports to a notary. We make copies and have the notary certify that he/she has seen the original. Am I correct?

#14 tangles66

tangles66
        • 26 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 09:13 AM

Well I took my documents to my banker and to my surprise she said no she could not noterize the copy of my BC!! I then took the copy to someone else and she did it!! I sent it certified by mistake instead of registered so I hope that is not an issue!!! My notery just stamped it, but did not sign it so once again I hope this is accepted! Will find out soon as they should have recievd them yesterday!!!
          Mary

#15 StarAndJay

StarAndJay
          • 130 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 09:23 AM

ASHLEY173: Since you are from PA (I am assuming that you were born there) you are unable to copy your birth certificate. I work in Philly and had a woman I work with notarize our documents for us. She was hesitant at first to copy our birth certificate but realized that the two states are different (We are from NJ). She told me that in PA you are not allowed to copy your birth certificate….there should be some wording to that affect on the front of your bc. You are probably going to have to get an original copy from the vital statistics.

#16 Anna83

Anna83
            • 288 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 01:27 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Scott-Pierre
              How far in advance do these items need to be sent to the resort?
              They need to be sent 30 days prior to your wedding. I emailed my documents to Chandlyn which was a lot easier.

#17 Anna83

Anna83
              • 288 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 01:34 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by purrfected
                This is confusing. Let me get this straight. We have to take our original birth certificates and passports to a notary. We make copies and have the notary certify that he/she has seen the original. Am I correct?
                That is what we did. However, our birth certificates already have notary stamps on them from when we were born, so I don't think it was necessary to have copies notarized. If you plan on mailing your documents to the resort, than you would want to have a copy notarized, since you wouldn't want to send your original birth certificate. I would suggest emailing your documents.

I had copies of our driver licenses notarized, but the pictures did not come out clealy because of the security marks on licences. My wedding coordinator did not except them like that. I ended up scanning the licenses and having that notarized. I tried the same thing with our passports as well.

#18 Anna83

Anna83
                • 288 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 01:35 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by divadivine25
                  Just to verify, what needs to be notarized and sent to the resort? This is the first marraige for us both so I thought it was just:
                  BC
                  PP
                  Notarized and sent in, correct?
                  You are correct, all you need is birth cert. and passport (or you can use your driver's license).

#19 Scott-Pierre

Scott-Pierre
                  • 456 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 02:05 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by StarAndJay
                    ASHLEY173: Since you are from PA (I am assuming that you were born there) you are unable to copy your birth certificate. I work in Philly and had a woman I work with notarize our documents for us. She was hesitant at first to copy our birth certificate but realized that the two states are different (We are from NJ). She told me that in PA you are not allowed to copy your birth certificate….there should be some wording to that affect on the front of your bc. You are probably going to have to get an original copy from the vital statistics.
                    Thanks for this info! I was born in PA, but live in Ga now. I hope that someone here in Ga will copy it anyway!

#20 Scott-Pierre

Scott-Pierre
                    • 456 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 02:07 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Anna83
                      They need to be sent 30 days prior to your wedding. I emailed my documents to Chandlyn which was a lot easier.
                      Thanks Anna! I think I will take your advice and scan and email mine as well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users